Canon ZR1000 or VariZoom Pro-L?.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers

Old December 27th, 2002, 05:41 AM   #1
New Boot

Canon ZR1000 or VariZoom Pro-L?....

A question for all you experienced boys out there. Which is the better product? Please help, I got a StealthZoom for xmas (not substantial enough) and am exchanging for one of the above (Canon about £150, VariZoom about £300).

I use a Vinten Pro5 head, mainly do sports as part of DVcam team of three. If that helps.
Bob Brimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2002, 10:35 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

It's strictly a matter of preference. I like the Canon lanc controller. My partner likes the Varizoom controller. To really know, you'll have to try them both.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2002, 12:26 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Given what you shoot (sports) you were probably right in exchanging the Stealth for the full-size and full-featured Varizoom controller. The Canon and VZ Stealth are fine for many folks but they're quite small and of plastic construction. The VZ Pro is physically larger and constructed of aluminum; it's designed more for a heavy daily professional use.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers