Where to get Right-Angle Connector for Zoom at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 6th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #1
Trustee

Where to get Right-Angle Connector for Zoom

I acquired a varizoom zoom controller for the Fujinon lens on my HD110.

However, the connection on the lens is exactly above the rail. The cable will not connect.

I need a right angle adapter to plug into the lens to clear the rail, then the cable will plug into the adapter.

The right-angle adapter needs to be in the 8-pin Fujinon pattern... with a male connection into the lens, and a femail receptor on the other end of the right angle.

Where can I get this? I am sure this is not the first time this has come up.

Thanks!

(I am posting here because it is a Fufinon lens on an HD110. I couldn't find another area on the forum that would be more appropriate.)
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #2
Major Player

I've never seen such adapter. Maybe a cable extension from Fujinon would solve your problem. I ordered a Libec zoom control from BH, I was about to purchase the Varizoom but the Libec is better to mount on camera stabalizers. I haven't got the control yet but I hope not to have the same problem...
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 06:33 AM   #3
Major Player

Normally one of your 2 Rods will have a cut-out, which you can place right under the connector. That way you can connect the zoom connection.
This connector doesn't exists in an angled version (following the datasheets of the connector manufacturer).
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #4
Trustee

I verified with Fujinon and a private custom cable maker who does custom work for Fujinon that there is no right angle for an 8-pin connection.

The custom maker does make them for the 12-pin connectors, and Fujinon sells a right-angle cable for 7-wire connectors.... but nothing for the 8-pin. I was told the 8-pin is too big to cram into any of the available right angle pieces.

Similarly, Tajimi, who makes the connectors, I'm told, doesn't make a right-angle adaper for the 8-pin connector.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #5
New Boot

Tajimi connector

Hello,

Could anybody provide me with the Tajimi connector product code or product information?
I'm looking for the male 8 pin screw on type connector which should go right underneath most common fujinon and canon lenses.
I do know it is produced by tajimi and did find a distrubutor but not the product itself jet.

thank you

Joey
Joey Terwindt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers