shock absorbing arm for at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old May 21st, 2008, 02:09 AM   #1
Major Player

shock absorbing arm for

the steadistick/spider brace?

I have a steadistick and a spiderbrace, I like the spiderbrace and would love to mount the steadistick to it on the bottom so it holds the weight while allowing the control of the shoulder mount, I never got great at fine control of the steadistick in movements.

My issue is before I adapt it all, I would really prefer to change the steadistick arm while just locks at a position to an arm that works more like a shock absorber with a lock down. That makes far more sense than a locked position arm.

It would be fine if I lose the quick release aspect of the top of the steadistick, in fact I am thinking of mounting a quick release plate the bottom of the spiderbrace and a receiver on the steadistick so I can slide it on and off the steadistic with that and when of slide it on a tripod on the brace.

All that to ask is there a shock absorbing arm that I can put in place of the steadistick arm available anywhere?
Old September 27th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I've come to the same conclusion with the Spiderbrace. The DVRIG claims it's shock absorbing but none of the videos show it doing moves other than locked up and the operator moving it around the holster base. The DVCaddie has a parallelogram but again, no compression. Ditto Steady Stick. Did you find a shock absorbing arm?

FOLLOWUP: I found the answer. DVTec pod is shock absorbing. It's custom made and according to the information I found, travels about 40cm. Adam Wilt used it to film Maelstrom using an EX1.

Last edited by Les Wilson; September 28th, 2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: followup
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports