Shoulder Mount for XHA1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Plotkin View Post
Thanks!!
Your welcome, same here with the hot shoe attachment, had it lying around as well :)
I have used it quite a lot now and I"m very pleased, not only with the dr60, but with the way it has been attached. Combined with the smallest battery you hardly feel the extra weight, especially since it's positioned so far back. It also doesn't get in the way and I can see all info on the dr60 screen easily, the only disadvantage is that you have a bit less space to get your hand around the camera handle. It still is possible but more difficult.

On the other hand, you can't have it all, it is a very cheap but effective addon to my camera.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #32
Tourist

Had anYone mount Xh A1 on ST-7J

HI HI,this my first post.
I useing Cannon Xha1S, I saw the maunual the ST-7J can mount ont XHa1, have anyone have experience on the, thx to reply. :)
Ruger Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM   #33
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
ofcourse you can, here you go:

CB105 shoulder support and sock loupe lcd screen magnifier part 3|videograffiti

there's also a part 1 and 2 I wrote on that which can be found below, the above link shows everything setup.
CB105 shoulder support and sock loupe lcd screen magnifier part 1|videograffiti
Sock loupe from hoodman|videograffiti
amazing work
Arron Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:13 AM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I am custommaking one now and made a wider wooden shoulderpad which is 10cm wide so it's much more stable on my shoulder and i ordered a hood-pro with sock loupe to attach to my lcd so I can use my lcd as a viewfinder.
Noa,
I have made my own shoulder mount, and I managed to use the viewfinder in stead of the LCD. This is how I did that: In the bottomplate of them 577 there are two threaded holes. Now if you would make 1 normal hole and one slotted hole in the tip of the shoulder mount, you could use your standdard viewfinder. The camera can be slightly rotated on the tip of the CB105.
Attached Thumbnails
Shoulder Mount for XHA1-dx11_3.jpg  
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron Carlton View Post
amazing work
Actually very simple and cheap, just the way I like it :)

I have been using it a few times now only during interviews at weddings and I'm quite pleased with it but i still need to make some changes.
Especially the shoulderpad is too hard as it digs into my shoulder after a while, that I need to fill with some kind of soft foam to make it more comfortable. The weight needs getting used to as it's almost 8 kg fully loaded.
Moving in spaces that are small or crowded is challenging because you bump into people easily if you make a turn.
The position of the camera (which is further back to get the viewfinder closer to the eye does make you hold your right arm much closer to your body when you hold the camera, also after a while it does not feel that comfortable but it beats carrying all that wheight just on your arms. if I carry this rig on my shoulder my hands don't need to support it because all the weight is balanced on my shoulder.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:18 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ouwejan View Post
The camera can be slightly rotated on the tip of the CB105.
Jo, if you rotate the camera does it not stand at an angle then? I allways thought the only way to get the camera in front of your eye with an cb105 alike shouldermount is to offset the camera using an extra u-shaped bracket.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:54 PM   #37
Major Player

Noa,
No, it realy works! Indeed, the centre line of the cam makes an angle with the centre line of the shoulder mount, but in fact that is what I realy wanted. Only thing I had to take care of, is that you need to take the dimension from Vf till center of the Quick Release into account. It would be inconveneant if the VF ends up 2" from your eyebrow, don't you think?
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 05:32 AM   #38
Tourist

Hello all. My english is few bad sorry for it.

I was lokking a shoulder mount for my XHA1 and i found this post. For all that urs said really i want one CB105.

I got a few questions. First of all, is up the CB105´s creator web?:

Dynamic Motion Video Camera Stabilizer Shoulder Support

I see the copyright is 2006/2008, and really i found so few information about they in the web.

Yours know if i can buy it there and i recive my CB105, or urs know another place where i can buy it?. Another thing, i am for Europe/Spain, and reallly "dynamicmotionvideo", haven´t got information about from where are they, and if they sell CB105 for all world, etc etc.

If urs can help me, for i know how i can buy my CB105 i am so much interesting in it. Thanks you very much, and sorry again for my primitive english ^^.
Isaac Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:03 AM   #39
Inner Circle

Hi,
I'm from belgium and ordered a cb105 some time ago, I think the owner is based in America since I had to pay extra customduties. You can pay through paypal and delivery was very quick, it was only the Belgian customs that toke allmost 2 weeks to get it declared.

I think all together, incl. sendingcosts and custom duties I had to pay around 100 euro which I still think is cheap.

You can also send a mail to the owner who gives quick respons if you have more questions or any doubts.
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:06 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ouwejan View Post
Noa, No, it realy works!
Hi Jo, I'm a bit curiuos to see how exactly you build it, would it be ok for you to post a photo how you made it with the camera attached to the cb105?
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:57 AM   #41
Tourist

Thanks for the information Noa. I see the pictures of ur camera with the cb150 and it got a really nice look! ^^.

I read the Bogen 577 is good for the cb150, it is this one? 577 Adaptador plato rápido | PRECIOS BARATOS|Comprar en tienda on-line de venta por Internet|Video profesional .That is right? Thanks. :P
Isaac Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:47 PM   #42
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Lopez View Post
I read the Bogen 577 is good for the cb150, it is this one?
Mine looks exactly like the one on the picture but it was a Manfrotto 577 but I guess both are the same? I have a 501hdv tripod head from Manfrotto which enables me to use the same tripod plate for both tripod or the adapter on my cb105.
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #43
Major Player

Shoulder Mount for XHA1

I know there is plenty of info out there on shoulder mounts but can someone recommend one that is good for the XHA1. I need something that does not require two hands, as I frequenlty shoot in manual mode. In addition, I need something that will easliy allow me to use the zoom feature on my camera. Any thoughts?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #44
Regular Crew

I can tell you what is _not_ a good option, in my experience. I used a device similar to this one a few times...

Shoulder Brace - Mini DV Video Camera Shoulder Brace

It was awful. To get the A1 far enough away from your face to use the LCD, it puts nearly all the weight on your arm and very little on your shoulder. I'm a young, strong guy, but this setup wore me out in about 5 minutes.

I suppose the weight would be better distributed if you were looking through the viewfinder, but I'm not comfortable shooting that way.

The other guys that film for me call that thing the A1 Torture Device. The only time we use it now is when we're seated and it's impractical to use a tripod.
Old September 24th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #45
Major Player

I've got a Spiderbrace but I hardly ever use it. Seems to do the job OK. It requires two hands but it's works OK using one hand on the spiderbrace and the other on the camera if you want to.
That may not be much help to you so here is a suggestion: a Bebob Zoe, or similar lanc controller.
This gives you much more control than using the manual zoom. It will creep more slowly or zoom fast and smooth. In a run and gun situation you get more usable footage.
For interviews you can creep in and out so slowly it is barely noticeable. Very useful when editing. I haven't used the manual zoom since I bought it. The Zoe is always better.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports