What is this iPhone handle? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 9th, 2015, 12:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

What is this iPhone handle?

I've been looking for an iPhone handle for shooting video and don't see anything I like. Glimpsed this one on today's Apple keynote.

Looks similar to a Photography&Cinema product (but that product is for a GoPro using the iPhone as a monitor).

Anyone recognize what this is?
Attached Thumbnails
What is this iPhone handle?-screen-shot-2015-06-08-11.12.27-pm.png  
Old June 9th, 2015, 04:48 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: What is this iPhone handle?

I can't tell for sure, but it looks similar to a Polaroid branded pistol grip handle/mini tripod that I bought from Amazon, combined with a smartphone type tripod adapter (which can also be found on Amazon).

Despite being all plastic except for the 1/4-20 mounting screw, the Polaroid handle works pretty well. It's probably the smallest, lightest pistol grip and miniature tripod with a reasonably wide leg spread that you can find for less than $12...
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2015, 09:09 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: What is this iPhone handle?

Definitely one of the iStabilizer or clone spring loaded clamp-tripod adapter which allows mounting to tripod, handle, or selfie stick.

The iStabilizer is okay, but if you want something a bit more secure, look into a Shoulderpod S1.

If you want to add gyro stabilizing, I can recommend the ikan Fly-x3 with some reservations (make sure you to buy it with a warranty and ability to return if needed.) I've seen on Amazon, the Fly-X3 for about $149. B&H also has the Fly-x3 Plus.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports