Wedding reception 'rigging' advise needed. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old September 27th, 2015, 02:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wedding reception 'rigging' advise needed.

I use a DSLR for most of my before and after ceremony work. I have a shoulder rig with a LCD viewfinder which works great for 'before the wedding' ; but during the reception I need to be able to get a higher shot most often, and left up the viewfinder so I can hold the camera up, and still see the screen. After a coupe of hours of this, I am always trying to imagine what may work better, and still allow me to move though a sometimes drunk crowd without any obtrusions. I have been using a Canon 7D2 and an external shotgun mike and a LED light - mounted on a cold shoe adaptor. Last night I used my 24-104 f/4 and it looked really good.

I'll probably switch to a 10-22 STM,which should work even better.

Any rigging advise?
David Stembridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 01:50 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Wedding reception 'rigging' advise needed.

Monopod with a ball head. Mini super clamp with mini arm to hold your LCD monitor down low so you can frame it. You should be able to get all that for $150-$200

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports