Shadow Land feature promo - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 15th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #46
Major Player

Thanks for watching Henrik, glad you liked it. Just thought id mention to anyone reading that live digital has gone under so the shadow land video posted there doesnt work anymore but the high rez one is still ok.

Andy.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM   #47
Major Player

Hey Andy,

Anymore stuff for us to look at yet?

Just wondering.
Dave Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:11 PM   #48
Major Player

I've been busy with work recently, had an extremely talented Irish singer/ actor in my studio recording a few tracks and shooting some blue screen work for her showreel.

As for shadow land we're still writing, i've taken on board what people have said and the next time i get round to editing it im gonna impliment them.

Thanks for asking though Dave.
Andy.
Old January 25th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #49
New Boot

Wow.
The quality, color, motion shots of this video were beautiful.
Some of the best i've seen yet.

Made me want to see a full movie of it.
Definitely grabbed my attention from the promo.

Keep up the good work man.
Hope all goes well.
Seems like you could go far with this movie or short if it happens.
Nick Mitzenmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #50
Regular Crew

I also liked the look and the great filmwork.

However, I found the handling of the guns, as well as the tactical behavior strange, if not to say funny. It kind of destroyed the atmosphere...
Oliver Reik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #51
Major Player

Thanks for taking a look guys,

lol , i know what you mean Oliver, the main actor has no clue how to hold a gun! the bit that gets me is at the start by the tree his thum is totally on the wrong side of the gun. i don't know if youve ever dealt with it but he's one of those actors that when you tell him the right way to do something you just get a resentfull look. If it ever comes to fuition we'll have an advisor and most likely american actors based in the UK.

Nick I appreciate your kind words, it means a lot to me what people on this forum think.

cheers
Andy.
Old January 25th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #52
Major Player

The links to livedigital are producing a screen that says livedigital is looking for a new home. I'd like to seen the pics of the camera rigs discussed above.
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wiley View Post
The links to livedigital are producing a screen that says livedigital is looking for a new home. I'd like to seen the pics of the camera rigs discussed above.
Try this link by right-cklicking on it and saving it as...:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/rp7see9x4s.mov
Oliver Reik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #54
Major Player

I just watched the download clip. It looks really, really good and very professional. The acting isn't bad. Two things. Aren't those paras awfully clean for having been running through the woods all day from whatever it is? One is allowed to wear ear rings in uniform in the UK forces?
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #55
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wiley View Post
I just watched the download clip. It looks really, really good and very professional. The acting isn't bad. Two things. Aren't those paras awfully clean for having been running through the woods all day from whatever it is? One is allowed to wear ear rings in uniform in the UK forces?

Thanks Peter, much appreciated, this is really to show any investors or distributors that we as a company know how to plan, execute and complete a film to a reasonably high standard.

Sorry about the pics of the camera rigs, the ones on live digital were the only ones i had, next time i use them i'll take some more.

Again thanks for watching
Andy.
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #56
Major Player

Hi Andy, great film and like others said the production value is beyond the norm. I was just curious to how you lit the film as im aware (well have been told) that the hd100 isnt the best camera if working without lights. Did you find yourself not needing to light due to you filming during daylight?
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #57
Major Player

Thanks Daniel, yes your right, the HD100 does require a lot of light. I heard somewhere that it has the same light requirements as super 16 although i can't confirm that since iv never shot on 16.

Lighting was a challenge on this shoot cause i wanted the finnished look to be late evening kind of twilight but the two days we filmed the sun was splitting the trees which meant a lot of hard shadows which isn't good when shooting day for night. when i was outside I had guys holding big boards over the actors to cast shadows over them so i could get an evenly lit shot. All the indoor stuff was lit by three redheads running off a jenny, as you say with the HD100 its not an option to shoot without lights.....in fact i never shoot anything without lighting it properly, the more light you have the more information is available in the image.

Thanks for watching Daniel

Andy.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:20 PM   #58
Major Player

For some reason the original download link has been removed so here's a new one.

http://www.box.net/shared/xys5g1masg 177mb qt file, let me know if there are any problems with the link.

The pictures have also went dead so here is a link to my whole folder, not sure if this will work for you but i'll give it a go

http://www.box.net/shared/voqnxha9qk give it time to load there are a lot of pics.

Andy.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:43 AM   #59
Major Player

Hi Andy,

How's things? Any more stuff for us yet?

Dave
Dave Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM   #60
Major Player

Not bad Dave, hows yourself? The first working draft is almost finished but you know how it is, things change all the time in screenplays so i guess it will never be truely finished untill we wrap.

I don't have anymore visual stuff for you to see at the moment, unless you want to watch a two hour ballet that i just edited?...............lol i wouldn't have thought so. Im afraid work has gotten in the way a bit.

Andy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work