My short film "Bourbon" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 5th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My short film "Bourbon"

It's been over 2 years since I made this, but I've finally put the entire film on the web. It's been available on DVD for a while and had a short but successful festival run.

Bourbon
It's hard being a small time gangster.
bourbonmovie.com

Starring: DJ Hazard, Scott Winters, Nat Sylva, Vic Clay

Directed by Adam Woodworth
Written by Adam Woodworth & Keith Hedger

Winner of Best Short Film at the Plymouth Independent Film Festival 2007, beating out another short starring James Gandolfini, Louis Gossett Jr, and Joe Mantegna.

Nominated for Best Cinematography and Best Crime Short at the Hollywood DV Festival 2007

Official Selection of the Ruff Cutz Indie Film Conference of Boston 2007

Watch the film

Watch the trailer

Buy the DVD

If those video links don't work you can go straight to Vimeo.
Adam Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yo amn this is very good! The only thing i would say is to touch up on the audio a bit. sounds very distorted don't know if that is what you wanted but thats what im hearing on my end. Shots are sick and transitions are very good! This project was very well put together. What program did you use? How long did it take you to shoot this. The scenery is very nice in the the woods

Derrick Jones..........
Derrick A.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Derrick,

Yah I'm unfortunately well aware of all the pitfalls with the audio in the film. :) I know what happened and went wrong and I won't do that again next time. I made it 2 years ago though and I don't have much intention to go back to it now, I have a new film in the works.

I did all the editing in Sony Vegas, but these days I've converted to Mac and Final Cut Pro.

There were 6 days of shooting with the actors, although towards the end they weren't full days. And then I did another day of shooting without the actors to get shots of the car being driven.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work