Show Your Work 2004 - Page 56 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old December 31st, 2004, 07:13 PM   #826
Major Player

I prefer the progressive download over streaming any day. It leaves too much to the server load and network traffic. The only way I can consistently view WMV files is to "save target as" and download it to my computer before I view it. That is on my Mac or my PC's and at dozens of sites all over the web.
I don't know about larger storage limits but sites like Geocities offer some free web hosting you could look into to help out. Unfortunately it may not give enough space.
Hey here's an idea, maybe you could get a free 60 day trial account at mac.com and use it to host your video. I don't know the details of the trial service but I know the pay service allows 250MB web space.
The yousendit.com idea is a good one too but you might have to do it a few times.

I hope you get it up soon.
Old December 31st, 2004, 07:20 PM   #827
New Boot

So I was bored.

New!!
Directors Cut
New music and suggestions noted.
www.bigelement.net/test2.wmv

Old one
Version 1
www.bigelement.net/test.wmv

Old December 31st, 2004, 07:37 PM   #828
Major Player

Dear Mr & Mrs Albritton:

Please accept our deepest sympathies.

We know that Jody had a promising career ahead of him as a filmmaker and while this modest effort was all he had a chance to create on this earth, it demonstrates a clear understanding of dramatic structure, a profound and trenchant weltanschauung ... and a really sick sense of humor!

In future, we advise you not let any of your other family members drink while filmmaking.

JS
Old December 31st, 2004, 07:37 PM   #829
Major Player

Man you were bored! Hmmmm, or maybe I was bored. I actually tried to watch it 3 times before I had to just download it (just couldn't get past 5 seconds before it went into eternal buffering). Pretty cute though. Sync the opening and closing of the mailbox with the crashing cymbal beat of the music a little better and it will flow easier (you could speed up and slow down the footage like you did on the return from the mailbox). Otherwise it was a nice exercise and helped me burn up another few minutes of 2004.

Have a good New Year!
Old December 31st, 2004, 08:30 PM   #830
New Boot

Happy new year all. Glad I could be of some service, you can laugh at the video or you can laugh at me for making the video.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work