Show Your Work 2005 - Page 43 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old August 2nd, 2005, 01:54 PM   #631
Major Player

Wow

I'm in CO and I've never seen anything like that. We pay for parking in a couple of the parks, but not all of them. I don't even think I mind paying so much, but it seems so crass to charge for every little thing like they do at 6 flags or something.
ick.
" When some wild-eyed, eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head against a bar room wall, and looks you crooked in the eye, and he asks you if you've payed your dues, well, you just stare that big suker right back in the eye, and you remember what old Jack Burton always says at a time like that, 'Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."
Old August 2nd, 2005, 05:55 PM   #632
Major Player

I think you do bands a disservice when...

I was checking out some of the music videos posted here and not only is the video work great, some of the songs are great too!

So I down load them and show them to some one and they say "who's that?" and the movie title is "MB_Edit_Final2.mov" or "jhf_manoverboard.mov" and I forget what the band name is!!! (that happens when you get old ya know)

PLEASE PUT TITLES ON YOUR PREVIEWS AND WHERE WE CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE BANDS!!! (And if I made a great videos like these I would make sure I got credit too, but that's the way I am.)

I would go see some of these bands if they came close to me, but I guess that's what a good video does...

that's enough ranting for now, I have to google some bands....
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:06 PM   #633
Regular Crew

Well Kevin,you do have a good point. However, in my case, the files I uploaded were for the band and their lable, who are clients of mine. The final version of this project, at least for the web portion, was the 2nd version of the web movie I made, thus the title, MB-EDIT_2_final. The name is so they can tell between that version and the older version. Their web people didn't change the name of the file before they uploaded the file, which I have zero control over. So, thats how that happened.

What I do think you're right about is posting some more info about the band, which I will definately do in the future.

Also, thank you very much. I'm glad you liked the video and it inspired you to find out more about the band. That's what they are designed to do, isn't it.

Good suggestion, point taken.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:23 PM   #634
Air China Pilot

You have a point about the file naming. But I think he is also asking that in the video itself that there is a title. You know at the very end:
BAND NAME
"Song Title"
Directed by Me
Old August 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM   #635
Regular Crew

True, but again, the video had to be title-less as that is what all networks ask for when you submit a video. On the web, the titles barely show up anyway. Aside from that, when people watch the video, generally its from the Bands site, or my personel site so they already know who the director is and the band. When you download it from this board, the post is by me, I said I was the director, and it also said the bands name and song name and you can see my site with the video on it if you click on my name which is right to the left of your screen. That's pretty clear, right?
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:35 PM   #636
Major Player

I personally think that was funny..LOL~

What camera did you use?.
I like the picture of the roses (I think).
Are this still pictures you took from shots or what?
Old August 4th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #637
Major Player

Very very nice Brent if I must say and yeah, I think Patrick is right, the back of the head shot did not really have much significance, I think you going a lil bit to the right where by the guy's side (face) view can show would have been better than the direct opposite back view which was showing the back of the girl's head. Also, showing at least the guy's side view with the girl's hair out of focus and the guy's face on focus would have made the shot a panasonic (meaning HOT!). Don't get me wrong dude, the movie clip was hot but I just think you should have utilized some out of focus effect which the xl2 has.

What Mic did you use?.
I think the sound would have been way perfect if the hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (highway kinda noise) sound was eliminated or replaced with a cricket or owl or some sort of animal that makes sounds at night. It would have also made the actor and actress voices much more clearer.

Good job!~
Old August 4th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #638
Major Player

I really did not get the movie but I like the sound.
What mic did you use?
Old August 4th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #639
Regular Crew

Practice short film

Here's a practice shortfilm titled "Ako To" in our dialect, which means "T'was Me", am not sure though. I've tried to make it, a sort of, as a reflection of the Philippine politics in general.

http://www.savefile.com/files/8525046

Have nice day.
Old August 4th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #640
Trustee

The USFS is hard to figure out. In north Georgia they dropped fees completely on many dayuse areas that they historically have been charging $3.00 for. I tried to understand the P.R. in the bulletin board but it was confusing. Something about legislation that resulted in dropping some fees and increasing others, especially at high-end campgrounds.

Here is a another tid-bit for you. The Corps of Engineers which is the 2nd largest recreational provider in the US is also struggling over user fees. The ironic part is they have never had user fees they collected returned to the lakes they manage so improvements could be made to thier recreational facilities. Instead they are deposited directly with the US Treasury. With the war on in Iraq, Corps budgets are being slashed to support it since they are part of the Dept. of Defense. As a result we will likely see many areas being closed to the public.

Regards,

Mark
Old August 5th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #641
Major Player

we used a senn MKE300 on a boom. filtered using BIAS soundsoap and a lot of eq. it is still really tinny, however.

looking back, this clip is a little confusing, ya. the story is just about two kids who need an ipod but are a little out-to-lunch.
Old August 5th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #642
Major Player

The movie was nice. I liked it, but you should have used some of the camera's features like Manual Focus and twinle the color settings, etc but nevertheless, I like the drama, and that girl in the last shot, she sure is damn fine too and she can act~.
Old August 5th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #643
Major Player

some concert footage

i shot this "off the cuff" at a concert some time ago for the band.
part of it might be in a promo package someday, but that's about it...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~spahrvideo/

anyone ever hear this song before (in the mid eighties done under another band name)?

wish i could show some of the other songs, but copyright issues...
Old August 6th, 2005, 06:37 AM   #644
New Boot

It has a beautiful aesthetic to it especially when the movie complicates.

Gitape ba nang footage nga gikan sa GMA, RPN, etc?

And also, what software did you use to animate the titles?
Lastly, was this color graded during post?

Thanks! I thought it was brilliant in execution and this should be shown in Handuraw, IMHO.
Old August 6th, 2005, 11:15 AM   #645
Regular Crew

Everything was done in Vegas, the titling and colorgrading. The news footage was actually a live news taken from the different tv channel during the state of the nation address of the president of the Philippine Republic.

Vegas titling seems so crude to look at but you can really do more with it if you dig deeper on its functionalities.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work