Show Your Work 2002 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:59 AM   #91
ChorizoSmells

adrian,
in that case, John and I will flip for your camera, better yet, we'll junken for it.
Old May 9th, 2002, 07:55 AM   #92
Trustee

Rik, it's PAL, not much good in downtown Osaka. John Locke arrives here on the 21st of this month so if your going to be in town drop one of us a line for a brew down.
Old May 9th, 2002, 08:06 AM   #93
ChorizoSmells

so far it looks like the weekend of June 15th, there is a big Gothic/Industrial event at the Liquid Room and I'll know for sure about a week before that if I can make it. As soon as I know if I'll be going then I'll let you guys know. Unless I have a wedding to video tape on the 16th, I'm there.
Old May 9th, 2002, 05:06 PM   #94
Trustee

Smallville (WB Network)

I recall reading somewhere that the WB TV show "Felicity" is edited using Final Cut Pro and I do recall reading that one of the shows producers (or something like that) is a big Mac fan and hence the dorm shots almost always shows a Mac or iMac of some sort- they always seem to have a Canon GL1 on hand if an epsiode shows someone video-recording...knowing that the WB is using prosumer grade equipment (to an extent anyway) would anyone know if the show "Smallville" also follows this trend? There's a Mac in just about every episode (Chloe uses them for her reports) and it sometimes has a certain "look" that I'm noticing on some of the newer WB shows...just wondering if either Final Cut Pro or DV cameras are being used in producing any of these new tv shows......

thanks to anyone in the know who might offer any info....

(..would I love to see the show being taped in Vancouver....maybe someday)
Old May 9th, 2002, 05:43 PM   #95
Major Player

The presence of the Macs is "product placement" -- a commerical deal that companies generally pay for, sometimes they pay quite a bit. Both shows you mention are aimed at a demographic Apple surely wants to market to. I doubt the machines are in the shots just because the director's a fan of Macs.

Other notable Mac product placements: Sienfeld had Macs in his apartment. C.J., the press secretary character on the West Wing, uses a TiPowerBook I think.
Old May 9th, 2002, 06:09 PM   #96
Trustee

I've actually heard of this- was just hoping our DV "tech-hobby" was mainstreaming....

....the quest continues....

(thanks for the reply)
Old May 13th, 2002, 08:59 PM   #97
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

NTSC frame mode to 35mm

just picked up a info sheet on a movie called "someBody"
shot on 2 NTSC XL 1 in frame mode (YES it says NTSC) , standard 16x and 3x canon lens, sound recorded to tape w/me66 mic's ( 1 on boom , other mt.on camera) , edited offline on discrete edit system - onlined on FAST Silver system.
transferred to 35mm at swiss effects, answer print by deluxe, release prints Magno lab link NYC

opened april 26 sunshine cinemas NYC
opened may 3 greenway , houston TX , Bethesda row cinema , Bethesda, MD, and angelica film center NY

OPENS MAY 17 sunset 5 ,LA, & Galaxy, SF california

i have NOT seen it ...this will tell us what NTSC frame mode looks like transferred to 35mm

has anybody seen it ?? ..

it did play at sundance but was screened digital ( digibeta master up converted to HDCAM at roland house ..

all info came from a printed sheet that you can pick up at birns & sawyers info wall ( near camera checkout)in LA
Old May 14th, 2002, 11:33 AM   #98
_redone_

i would like to check this out....

if you have anymore info about it please post!
www.eatdrinkmedia.com
Old May 15th, 2002, 03:01 PM   #99
Trustee

I wonder how he's going to cope with the black lines problem that the xl1s' have. Crop for even less resolution? I would have thought something like that would bother him.
Old May 16th, 2002, 09:35 AM   #100
Obstreperous Rex

The film transfer house he's contracted to take this to 35mm will deal with it by cropping, no doubt. They have to do that anyway to get a proper aspect ratio for the theaters. Pretty sure it's not much of an issue for him.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old May 16th, 2002, 02:27 PM   #101
Trustee

Ahh of course Chris. He's using the 16:9 aspect guide bars so the lines along the bottom aren't a problem...Silly me!
Old May 17th, 2002, 02:19 AM   #102
RED Code Chef

They still haven't seem to fixed that image problem on that
site... duh

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 17th, 2002, 03:29 PM   #103
New Boot

Chris W. --

belated congrats on your documentary; sorry I didn't know about the screening here in DC (just today looking into Chris H.'s fine bevy of forums here).

cheers,
d.i.
Other Shore DVD
Old May 18th, 2002, 09:37 AM   #104
New Boot

Angel --

I'd like to look at your trailer -- the project sounds interesting. When I go to the web page for the trailer --
http://www.paganiniblues.com/tring.html
I get choice of 3 resolutions, but none of them are working for me. I have Windows Media Player, and there's a viewer present, and it indicates the brief, quick start of a download, but then it says done and nothing has been seen or heard. Is the trailer still available, or available in some other form?

Looking forward to seeing what you're doing, if poss...

d.i.
Other Shore DVD
Old May 20th, 2002, 01:16 PM   #105
***angel

hi david, i think you must have quick time 5 to see the clips.
hope this help.

angel

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work