Cleanwater Classic Trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 20th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Cleanwater Classic Trailer

Hi guys,
haven't posted in a while- been busy with projects/moving/projects/new puppy and did i mention projects? anyways, posted up the trailer for our new dvd out, Cleanwater Classic- Check it out please and any feedback would be MUCH appreciated- www.slanted-media.com

in wmv and quicktime

cheers
:)

p.s feel free to order the dvd if you're so inclined ;)
Old August 21st, 2005, 02:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Nothing showed for both file types.
Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 03:33 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eniola Akintoye
Nothing showed for both file types.
Hmm are you sure? i just went there and both worked fine :|
Old August 21st, 2005, 06:22 PM   #4

"The page cannot be displayed." Tried three times.

Jay
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 07:01 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gladwell
"The page cannot be displayed." Tried three times.

Jay
Hmm ok so it worked fine in Safari- i tried it in explorer- the quicktime version worked ok but the wmv went crazy computer code on me- i'll let my partner know- thanks :)
Old August 21st, 2005, 09:40 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal Gurung
Hmm ok so it worked fine in Safari- i tried it in explorer- the quicktime version worked ok but the wmv went crazy computer code on me- i'll let my partner know- thanks :)
ok so here's the quicktime version
http://www.slanted-media.com/cleanwatertrailerqt.html

and here's the wmv version

http://www.slanted-media.com/cleanwatertrailerwm.html

sorry for the earlier trouble- for some reason safari had no problems but we were having issues with explorer- thanks for looking!
Old August 22nd, 2005, 10:32 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal Gurung
ok so here's the quicktime version
http://www.slanted-media.com/cleanwatertrailerqt.html

and here's the wmv version

http://www.slanted-media.com/cleanwatertrailerwm.html

sorry for the earlier trouble- for some reason safari had no problems but we were having issues with explorer- thanks for looking!
Hopefully the links are working for you guys- i'd really appreciate any feedback if possible, good or bad, critiques welcome! cheers!
Old August 22nd, 2005, 11:37 PM   #8
Tourist

Pretty Groovy

Ok so the direct link worked out well... thanks for that..
Nice edits, well put together. I liked the text effects and some of the shots... However, not that I'm a surfing video enthusiast, but the surfing videos I have seen had absolutely unreal camera angles with beatiful colours and exciting locales. Not to say that you needed to be on a surfboard next to the contestants with a waterproof canvas over your cam, but in the context of a casual viewer watching this as a promo... I'm not saying to myself "I gotta see that when it airs!" But if I were at the event and wanted a take home dvd, i would be very impressed...so depending on your intended audience not sure who would go nuts over it.
But nicely put together:)
Cheers,
Jason
Jason Acton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 11:53 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Acton
Ok so the direct link worked out well... thanks for that..
Nice edits, well put together. I liked the text effects and some of the shots... However, not that I'm a surfing video enthusiast, but the surfing videos I have seen had absolutely unreal camera angles with beatiful colours and exciting locales. Not to say that you needed to be on a surfboard next to the contestants with a waterproof canvas over your cam, but in the context of a casual viewer watching this as a promo... I'm not saying to myself "I gotta see that when it airs!" But if I were at the event and wanted a take home dvd, i would be very impressed...so depending on your intended audience not sure who would go nuts over it.
But nicely put together:)
Cheers,
Jason
Thanks for the compliments Jason, much appreciate the positive feedback and critiques- you have no idea how much i agree with you with regards to Camera angles/Exotic locales- This was however the Cleanwater Classic event which was well, one location and unfortunately, we didn't have a budget for any underwater cam stuff :(- But you're right, our main core audience was/is the ppl who attended/competed as well as Surfrider foundation as this was one of their main events-

However we do recognize that the angles were rather stagnant, and even at the actual event i could see it being an issue, hence why you had some 'attempted' close up shots (basically me running down to the beach and trying to get some better footy) - i swear if we had a 'making of' it would've been pretty funny as the weather there was tropical storm for like 4 hrs, and then sunny for 1 hr and then repeat-

Again appreciate the honest feedback and would love to hear more :) thanks!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work