New Viedo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 17th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Viedo

Just looking to get my stuff out there. I have been working a lot on my skill of story telling with out the use of words and I put this together. Please let me know your thoughts.

This was shot with the Canon C300 35mm lens and the 24 to 105
Edited in PP CC 2014
Blake Tijerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: New Viedo

Since you specifically mention story, what was the story with this piece? What was the purpose of the interlaced footage of driving in a car with the actress? If I had to completely guess, the girl is sad about something w/her current situation and is considering leaving where she lives for some other options. This seems a little bit more like test footage than something with a story, to be frank. When story telling, every detail should point us towards the point of your story, almost. The focal length/framing, the sfx, the music, the color grading, the dialogue, etc.

Also, what lens specifically were you using with your C300? From a technical standpoint, your image appears to have incredibly low contrast, and be out of focus/soft often. Are you shooting your subject wide open, or very near wide open all the time?
Scott James Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Inner Circle

To me it it looks like the girl is bored but why? No idea. These are just some random shots and I don't see any story in it to be honest as I have no clue what you are trying to tell.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #4
Major Player

I don't wish to be cruel, but since you asked, it told me nothing, just images of a girl with nothing to do.

The video, and I appreciate others' taste will be different, was flat and lacklustre, focusing was inaccurate in some scenes and that was not helped by the lack of contrast. The sudden end to the music is a bit of a shock, a fade-out would help there.

I'd give it 10/10 for the effort of getting out there and doing it, but 3/10 for presentation.

Sorry if it hurts a bit.

Dave
Dave Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work