DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Show Your Work 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/54679-show-your-work-2006-a.html)

David Delaney March 8th, 2006 05:45 PM

tell me what you think about my movies...

I have finished working on my first of many in a series of Space Squadron shorts called "Space Squadron and the Time Condenser". This was done using compositing and laser blasts was time consuming, but fun. There is also the Modern Man's Guide and some TV shows I have been working on as well. Check it out here :

http://www.bionicbuddha.com/movies.htm

This are very short because they are made specifically for cell/mobile phones and portable devices like Ipods/psp's. Feedback welcome.

Don Donatello March 8th, 2006 08:02 PM

if space squadron is suppose to be "camp" then it works very good ...

the moderns man guide ? didn't work on me .. no laughs here...
the clean B&W just doesn't work - looks like video with a few scratch lines going thru it !!! but maybe that's where i'm suppose to laugh ??

John Harmon March 9th, 2006 03:18 AM

From 64 years ago...

Among other things, I do film/video transfers, and I'm currently going through the family stockpile of 8mm reels and making DVD's as gifts. This clip is mostly of my mother as a toddler, chasing chickens around a barnyard in 1942. I think you'll agree that no other music would do for this sequence.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jdthed..._farm_1942.wmv

Elliot Gabor March 9th, 2006 12:03 PM

oh man...guess i'm not having chicken for dinner tonight

Alec Rossel March 9th, 2006 01:42 PM

The Conclusion of THE BAG

Part 2 of THE BAG is online now. You can view it from the website or download it to your computer with the link provided.

Don't forget to watch part 1 if you haven't seen it yet.

Click HERE to watch.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for watching!

Alec

Jay Cowley March 9th, 2006 02:19 PM

Here it is: Hotel California the Music Video

call this a haunting interpretation of the classic rock song Hotel California. Basically set inside an empty high school at night, following a character as he experiences tempation and entrapment. Once he realizes he has made the wrong choices, he tries to escape this evil atmosphere, but finds it is too late.

There's a real story behind this video, so if want to 'get it' you have to watch the whole thing.

any comments mean so much so myself and our crew, and would be really appreciated.

www.geocities.com/hotel_california_movie

direct link (should open and stream in media player)
http://www.archive.org/download/Affi...california.wmv
^right click, 'save target as' to download. 35mb

Jeff Cottrone March 9th, 2006 02:26 PM

Trim more

Hi Alec, IMHO this needs at least 1/3 trimmed off of it. I think you do a great job with the story beats when the plot turns, but in between is too long and it loses its momentum. For example, in the opening robbery sequence, the music kills the tension that scene should have. The story starts with the gun shot. All that banter is too long. I'd get rid of the music, find something more like one of those dramatic drones to lay behind it, and greatly shorten that scene. Shorten the car ride. Shorten the ending. Boom boom boom. Move right through it faster and it will carry so much more momentum. I'll let others comment on the look, I'm more of a writer.

Alec Rossel March 9th, 2006 02:40 PM

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for watching and offering your thoughts. This is funny because the first thing I usually hear from people is "I liked the pace, it's much faster." But that could also be because much of my earlier work is so much slower. I understand your point with regard to the carry out scene. I guess I was actually trying to lighten it up a bit. I like the contrasting tones created by the music and the subject matter, or the dialogue and what is happening in the story. I do appreciate hearing your comments, it really helps me gauge how well it works with a diverse audience.

Alec

Bigo Hoggins March 9th, 2006 07:37 PM

Like the song ,like the video ....

Dean Bull March 10th, 2006 01:42 AM

a film, in color, for you

Here is a link to a film, in color and stereo sound.

http://videobomb.com/posts/show/15

-- Dean "finally got a divx up" Bull

Jay Cowley March 10th, 2006 08:10 AM

you really need to find a way to make this film show bigger. It's seems like i'm missing out an a lot of the details because i can barely see it

K. Forman March 10th, 2006 09:52 AM

Aquaman TV pilot

Ok, so the Aquaman TV series starts shooting the pilot in Miami this week... Any of us Floridians working on this?

Jeremy Hughes March 10th, 2006 10:32 AM

Disgruntled Catholic? :P

Set design was neat - mixed with the cutting it felt very much along the lines of Legend. You gotta do somethinig about those titles though............

David Carter March 11th, 2006 03:59 AM

what program did you use to generate the titles out of interest?

Dean Bull March 13th, 2006 03:06 AM

TITLES!!!!!! AHHHH LIVETYPE!!!!! I THINK!!!!!

Dean, I just got back from the desert, Bull

John Holland March 13th, 2006 06:44 PM

News Satire

www.aggieblvd.net/videos/WildFire.wmv

A video I made for my video class. We were suppose to make a news package and I absolutely hate doing news, so I decided to make a satire of a slow news day (where ordinary stories get blown out of proportion in order to make the news).

Enjoy.

Jeremy Hughes March 14th, 2006 10:32 AM

funny.... and so true. I think youd be an excellent news producer - heh

Peter Sieben March 14th, 2006 02:20 PM

Scripted Work - a short DVX100 film

From today our short new movie Scripted Work is available online for watching (the trailer has been shown before on this forum). It's an 18 minutes surrealistic drama project, partly based on a story of the Dutch writer Lodewijk Wiener.

Synopsis:
A writer roams around a library. He’s sampling the atmosphere for a story that unfolds there. He meets a young woman who confronts him with her obsession. Before he knows it, he loses his grip on reality.

Technical:
It's shot with the DVX100 (PAL) and edited with Vegas 6. The download version is a 160 MB Quicktime 6 file. The language is Dutch, but the film contains English subtitles.

Download and watch the film:
http://www.orphicfilm.nl/tempfilm-subs2.mov

More information and pictures behind the scenes:
www.orphicfilm.nl/html/aw.html

Please feel free to share your comments on this film, many thanks.

Jay Cowley March 14th, 2006 11:16 PM

is there something thats not working with this link?

i was hoping to get some more comments on this film.

Bill Schoaf March 15th, 2006 12:12 AM

Jay, nice job, I liked it.

BTW - Let me know when you hear from The Eagles Attorney's :) :)

Glenn Davidson March 15th, 2006 12:31 AM

That's Great! Nice camera work and post. That must have taken many hours to put together. I remember reading your various posts about lighting and such...now I know what you have been up to. I want to watch it again. Oh and don't worry about a lawsuit. What was that Don Henley song "Let's kill all the lawyers...kill them tonight"

Shane Valdez March 15th, 2006 02:20 PM

Wow thanks for the positive feedback!

Riley Harmon March 15th, 2006 07:15 PM

Vfx Test

http://rileyharmon.com/test-explode.mov

all stock footage

Gilles Guerraz March 16th, 2006 01:07 PM

Hi Peter,

I would like to watch your movie, but the download is dead slow, in spite in my broadband connection.
I'm currently downloading it at the incredible speed of 208ko/s !!! (Not kilobytes, kilooctects...)

I have to stop it.

Is there any other possibility to DL the movie ?

Peter Sieben March 16th, 2006 01:14 PM

Hello Gilles,

I've got a download speed of 500 KBytes per second right now, with a broadband connection other than the website provider. Perhaps give it a try later on. I don't have any other possibility to download it, sorry.

Shawn Beats March 16th, 2006 10:03 PM

It also didnt want to work for me either. I have broadband aswell. hmm.

Peter Sieben March 17th, 2006 01:09 AM

Another weblocation - will it work now?

Weird, when I try it this morning I got an ever better connection. It's hosted at Lycos, could that be a problem? On a payed hosting acount, not their tripod services, so it should be alright.

Anyway, I decided to use the webserver of my normal professional work for a copy of the film, that webserver is located at a different internet provider. Within 30 minutes you are able to download the movie from www.orphic.nl/tempfilm-subs2.mov

Hope this is working properly.

Jeremy Hughes March 17th, 2006 12:46 PM

Nicely done. I liked the editing, pacing and the story was cool. The acting was solid - nice stuff. How much did you have to light in that library?

Peter Sieben March 17th, 2006 01:41 PM

We only had 3 redhead lights, each 800 Watt. Nothing big or special. You could say we filmed with the existing light, and used the 3 lights to make it a bit better. We made some reflection material ourselves. Check out the website (see below) to find some pictures behind the scenes at the set.

Mike Steele March 18th, 2006 10:36 PM

haha that was an awesome video. Could you explain how to create the bus running over the biker during editing? Thanks in advance.

Pauline Martin March 19th, 2006 12:51 AM

CLEMENCY Film Trailer

Hey everyone,

IMAGEN Films is currently working on its feature film CLEMENCY. Check out the trailer at www.imagenfilms.com and leave some feedback. We shot on an XL2 with the G35 adapter, and editing was done in FCP 5.

http://www.imagenfilms.com

--
Pauline Martin
Producer
IMAGEN Films, Inc.
http://www.imagenfilms.com

Shawn Beats March 19th, 2006 01:17 PM

That looks really good. Awesome CC. The feel of the movie moved nicely. Sound/music was fitting. The actors were believable.

Great job!

Cheers
Shawn

P.S. What sound equipment did you use?

Joe Strong March 19th, 2006 01:37 PM

Excellent trailer! Very well done.

Of all of the interesting visual elements, what I found most interesting was the shot of the woman driving a car whilst crying. There was something about the look of that shot that really struck me as odd, but not in the negative sense of the word. Alien, maybe...devoid of human quality, or perhaps devoid of sanity? Very striking. Was blue/green/whatever screen used for that shot?

Dylan Couper March 19th, 2006 02:59 PM

Hey Pauline

Did you guys ever finish Got Milk?

Tell Marty I said hi!

David Desper March 20th, 2006 10:58 AM

great job like the audio

where do you find your audio fx for your trailer I have been working on a trailer myself but can't find the right transition clips of audio to really bring out the emotion of the work that has been done...can you help me???

Pauline Martin March 20th, 2006 11:22 AM

Audio Effects

A lot of effects were recorded by our guys. Any others probably came from one of our Lucas Sound Libraries. Marty likes to change around a lot of the sounds though (reverse, slowmo, etc...). Usually what sounds like one sound effect is a mixture of a dozen.

Andrew Todd March 20th, 2006 11:42 AM

nice to see the what the g35 is capable of.. really impressive

David Desper March 20th, 2006 03:44 PM

thanx for the info I understand that its a mixture a lots of effects to get that great transfer

Jerry Porter March 20th, 2006 06:06 PM

I laughed, I cried, I loved it!! Good work man and you should stick with those guys!! Do you remember a little movie shot a while back called "The Clerks"? similar start. Good job.

Jerry Porter March 20th, 2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Ok, so the Aquaman TV series starts shooting the pilot in Miami this week... Any of us Floridians working on this?

I'm not but, I have seen the entarage in town for the set up?