DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Damn these guys are good. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/59158-damn-these-guys-good.html)

Simon Wyndham January 30th, 2006 03:47 PM

This is one of those rare cases where someone with money to burn for any equipment that they like also has the talent to use it. It is good that such people are in existence as it allows for films that would not otherwise be made to be shot.

Evan C. King January 31st, 2006 02:55 AM

goddamn what I wouldn't give to be able to bike like that....

Sean Bouchard January 31st, 2006 09:53 AM

Wow. That teaser for ROAM has such a vibe to it. Awesome job, I like how they threw some "behind the scenes" footage into the trailer I love seeing how they do those creative shots.

Adam Bray January 31st, 2006 12:13 PM

Yeah, those teasers rock.

Meryem Ersoz January 31st, 2006 12:44 PM

i'm wondering if that is "behind the scenes" footage or if this next video is going to expose the extreme filmmaking as part of what is in the finished work. i think the previous film was successful because, if you've seen it, you spend of lot of time thinking, "how the heck did they get that shot?" the first film marries extreme biking to extreme filmmaking but you don't get to see the filmmaking because it lurks behind the biking. maybe this next one intends to do both...now that would be a really amazing bit of film!

Chris Barcellos January 31st, 2006 12:51 PM

Curious

I have The Collective on my Net flix cue now, after seeing that site.. Great stuff..

Charles Papert January 31st, 2006 02:47 PM

The human cablecam (Meatcam?) shots were fantastic, really inventive and pretty damn fearless, but I suppose if one is used to hurtling oneself off a cliff with a mountain bike, hanging off a suspension cable with a camera is just a walk in the park.

As I used to hear around me growing up in Boston, wicked pissah.

James R Cooper February 1st, 2006 08:24 AM

Amazing shots!

Brian J. Harris February 5th, 2006 03:42 PM

Not even when I was young.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
I have The Collective on my Net flix cue now, after seeing that site.. Great stuff..

Ha, I added it to mine the other day too.

That is so incredibly well done. I'm not an extreme sports fan, but these films seem to go beyond a typical sample from this genre.

For an old guy like me to rent this, well, I give credit to the filmmakers.

Nick Weeks February 5th, 2006 04:10 PM

wow.....

Not a fan at all of the sports genre, but wow... simply amazing. I'm definately going to have to see this, just for the great shots

Derrick A.Jones February 6th, 2006 06:40 PM

that was sweet. love the wiring rig. I know it took a lot of time to get that just right..

Adam Bray February 15th, 2006 11:47 PM

I got my copy of the video today. IT'S GOOD!

Sean Bouchard February 16th, 2006 11:05 PM

I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago, still waiting... Hopefully it comes soon, the trailer looks sooooo good.

Dennis Wood February 17th, 2006 07:15 AM

One of the great things about being loaded though is the freedom to take the time, experiment, and buy what you need.

If you're a day jobber you don't have that luxury, vision or otherwise.

For those of you that've seen the latest Matchstick ski flicks, these cable cam shots are very similar to the helicopter shots of guys doing big air. The helicopter is flown beside and sometimes around the jumper...for some stunning "matrix-like" footage. The cable rig, although obviously taking way more time to set up, is much safer for all concerned.

This definitely gives the Matchstick stuff (previously my fav) a run for its money.

James Bridges February 17th, 2006 04:30 PM

Very nice! On my netflix as well. That would be a great way to spend the day. Camera in one hand and bike in the other. Awesome shots!