DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Damn these guys are good. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/59158-damn-these-guys-good.html)

Adam Bray February 18th, 2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Bouchard
I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago, still waiting... Hopefully it comes soon, the trailer looks sooooo good.

Mine took a while. Ordered January 26th. Arrived February 16th.

Joe Strong February 20th, 2006 12:20 PM

Many thanks for the heads-up on this one. Beautiful stuff there. Why, I do believe I'm inspired.

James Emory February 20th, 2006 01:44 PM

Film sure does make a difference. Those cablecam shots were spectacular too. I don't know what Apple users are able to do with that little bitty embedded player as far as sizing but you can't do diddly to it with a PC. However, with a PC you can find the video files in your tempory internet files after they download by navigating to tools>internet options>settings>view files and there they are in full gionic resolution. Just copy them to another directory, open them in a stand alone player and super size them by choosing view>double size (QT) or full screen (WMP) for a whole new viewing experience of these videos. I just hate those embedded players with a 3 inch screen.

Adam Bray February 21st, 2006 10:31 PM

Here's a screenshot of one of their cameras. I was suprised to see the 503.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3420/dscn02383xb.jpg

What kind of Arriflex camera is that in the foreground?

Adam Bray February 21st, 2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Emory
I don't know what Apple users are able to do with that little bitty embedded player as far as sizing but you can't do diddly to it with a PC. However, with a PC you can find the video files in your tempory internet files after they download by navigating to tools>internet options>settings>view files and there they are in full gionic resolution. Just copy them to another directory, open them in a stand alone player and super size them by choosing view>double size (QT) or full screen (WMP) for a whole new viewing experience of these videos. I just hate those embedded players with a 3 inch screen.

Huhhhhh????

James Emory February 21st, 2006 10:46 PM

I guess that wasn't clear. When I clicked on the video links, it opened a small 3 inch player window that I couldn't resize. The other was a bit larger at 4-5 inches but still smaller than I like. It may be different for Apples, as far as player controls, but I can't stand viewing small video screens, especially with a broadband connection. So, after they downloaded, I copied the video files from the TI files, where they were now independent files, to another directory. This allowed me to open them in a stand alone player and control the size of it. I was then able to view the video at near full screen on a 15" monitor. I don't know how or if that works on Apples but that's what you can do on a PC with any files that download.

Which would you rather watch? This one OR THIS ONE! (make sure this image resizes to full resolution)

Quote:

I don't know what Apple users are able to do with that little bitty embedded player as far as sizing but you can't do diddly to it with a PC.

I guess what I needed to say was that you can't do anything with the player size using a PC while it's in that proprietary window on that page before downloading it.

Adam Bray February 22nd, 2006 12:11 AM

Quote:

I guess that wasn't clear. When I clicked on the video links, it opened a small 3 inche player window that I couldn't resize. The other was a bit larger at 4-5 inches but still smaller than I like. It may be different for Apples, as far as player controls, but I can't stand viewing small video screens, especially with a broadband connection. So, after they downloaded, I copied the video files from the TI files, where they were now independent files, to another directory. This allowed me to open them in a stand alone player and control the size of it. I was then able to view the video at near full screen on a 15" monitor. I don't know how or if that works on Apples but that's what you can do on a PC with any files that download.

Ah, I see now.