$7000 ACTION FEATURE shot in PARIS, SCOTLAND and CALIFRONIA - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 3rd, 2006, 04:25 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Oh yes the feature will be available. We are giving it away with "how to DVD" using scenes from the film as an example. Thanks for the words (all of them) Part of the testing of a good filmmaker is to be wise enough to learn from construction critiscm. I have learned so much from that process I couldn't begin to explain it.

I'm glad you guys like it and I would love to get a link to the Spielberg fans replies if it gets any interest on there. I wasn't even aware of a Spielberg fan forum. It makes sense.

High Regards,

Daniel Riser
Old February 3rd, 2006, 04:26 PM   #17
Regular Crew

wow... the above has quite a few mistakes written in it. I apologize. I have been trying to fix major Panther/FCP 4.5 problems (trying to edit this film as we speak) I've been up all night talking with techies. Sorry if I am not making any sense.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:56 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Daniel, the website from Spielberg is:
www.spielbergfilms.com

The forum is just:
www.spielbergfilms.com/forum

I have put a link to your work in a thread about a possible proposition for an fan art board, but it hadn't any replies.
Which I think is pretty normal, because the thread is in the board for announcements of the website, and not that much people visit that board.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 08:16 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks for putting us up there. The film will be full length though. I hope people do encourage Spielbergesque fan films to hae a place. That would be fantastic. He's influenced so many filmmakers over the years. Three generations at least.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM   #20
Major Player

Great looking trailer, but without seeing the feature, I can't tell whether or not the director can tell a story well. Trailers have the advantage of being able to show the most visually impressive footage, without the requirement of good story telling skills. Also, the acting wasn't great. If everything looks good, is lit right, edited great, and written exceptionally well... if the acting is poor, all of it crumbles. But I commend you on your hard work, and great looking trailer. I'm sure it took a lot of work, and the experience was undoubtedly worth the efforts.

I have a question. You say you are going to include it with a how to dvd. I'm assuming the how-to dvd is going to have footage? So I am assuming the how-to dvd is going to be free. Correct?
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #21
Regular Crew

I agree with you about the importance of acting. I will remain diplomatic for its own sake.

The director knows how to tell a story... To quote Indiana Jones; he's had "years of fieldwork."

The experience was priceless and I will never forget it.

Thanks,

Daniel Riser
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #22
Regular Crew

one other thing: The how-to DVD will not be free (only cover costs) and it will have no footage of the film contained in the dvd.
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #23
Major Player

I didn't mean to say he couldn't... It's just hard to tell from trailers, because they are essentially marketing materials.

It really does look good though.

If the how-to dvd is not free, and you are "giving away" the movie with it... That might be illegal, since it could be considered an incentive to purchase the how-to dvd. Have you spoken with a lawyer?
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #24
Major Player

Could you approach Lucas Arts about selling them the film. They may stick it on as a DVD extra or something..? I would definately speak to a lawyer first though.

They are probably more likely just to sue you, but if they really liked it they may be helpful. Even if you GAVE them the film, it could bring a lot of exposure. Just be careful the plan doesn't back fire though!
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I appreciate the information. We will seek professional help (on many levels :-) ) regarding legalities.
Old February 4th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #26
Major Player

Just noticed this thread, Daniel I had read about your film in the dundee newspaper long before i joined this forum (being from scotland myself).

I remember thinking that what you were trying to do was very ambitious, back then all you had were some production photos in your website but having seen your trailer i must say you have done well.

looks like it was alot of fun...good job and i look forward to seeing it some day.

Andy.
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #27
Regular Crew

That is terrific. Had we known we would have loved to have you pay us a visit. We filmed all over Scotland.

Yes this has grown since it was in that little newspaper. I'm not sure which article you have read; but if it mentioned anything about a Universal intern working with Kenneth Gawne, well the intern is me. (Quite a skewered article actually) From what I remember those photographs were staged and the cameraman, or camera, was never used in this production. Again, it depends on which article you read.

Email me at reelvisionfilms@gmail.com and we'll make sure to get you a place at the premiere in Scotland.

There's going to be premiers in: LA, Boston, New York, Italy and of course... Scotland.
Old February 5th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #28
Major Player

I've sent you an e-mail Daniel.

I look forward to it.

Andy
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Got your email. If there are folks in LA, Boston or Scotland that would like to attend. When the film is finished I will post the dates. Just let me know in advance.

I'm so glad you folks like the trailer. More to come.

Daniel Riser
Old February 6th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #30
Capt. Quirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Riser
There's going to be premiers in: LA, Boston, New York, Italy and of course... Scotland.
Why are there no Florida venues? You got something against the Hurric- I mean the Sunshine State??

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work