Show Your Work 2007 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old January 1st, 2007, 12:34 PM   #1
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bernstein
Mmm. Tightly edited, short, to the point, with good-looking footage. I would have loved to know more about the organization, but that perhaps would have been a deeper story than you were looking to tell.

Nice.

What was the music, by the way? It sounds quite familiar.

Michael
The music was Garage Band.
http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/

Its a loop based music program. I created the tracks myself. I often hear loops in national ads that are Apple's Garage Band/Soundtrack loops. So you might have heard them used somewhere else.

There was more info in the wraparounds for that package.
If you want to learn more go here: www.speedcreep.com

Thanks for the compliments!
Old January 1st, 2007, 12:44 PM   #2
New Boot

ehhhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Clark
Nice shooting Ben.

How did you like the HVX?
I use the HVX almost daily. Honestly, I'm not crazy about it. A lot of what I need to shoot relys on a camera's point-and-shoot capabilities as I end up running and gunning a lot. I find the HVX's autofocus is way slow and its ability to handle contrast is terrible.
I don't like that the headset output is too low either. The LCD is dim and not representative of the actual video.
It's also VERY heavy even w/out gear on it, add gear it gets way worse! And the lens is not wide enough for my liking meaning it needs a wide adapter (which will make it heavier.) It ends up being so heavy and bulky I put it back and grab a full size Ikegami 75W.

We got them to replace an aging PD170, but the truth is I find myself still using the PD170 for quicky shoots because its so easy to get good results with without trying. The Sony is a lot tougher too. Recently it survived sandstorms and an Improvised Explosive Device in Iraq!! I'm not kidding!!!

With that said, the HVX shoots amazing shots when conditions are right. And I like it because it shoots real HD. But, I am so-so about it otherwise, though I wish I really liked it.
Old January 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hendricks
Hi,

Just a cheesy little thing I put together a few years ago with my first camera (1 chip Canon ZR 60) and about 1 hour of filming and 8 hours of editing...

its about 30 seconds long and lame but my neighbors always get a kick out of it.
www.tahoestarr.com/jedijeff.wmv

Jeff
nice lightsaber effect! What did you use to achieve it.
Old January 1st, 2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

A short video of my dog Rascal

Shot with my Vx2000 on manual.

White balanced.
0DB F2 and 0DB F2.5

Soft Focus and rack focus shots done with VX2000 (no DOF adapter or post processing to achieve the effect).

Put together in Vegas 7.
Music from podcast safe site.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...ca9927.1571510

Enjoy.

Alex.
Old January 1st, 2007, 07:16 PM   #5
Major Player

Live music video for pop/rock band

I recently shot some footage of the local band Nutria performing at a club. One camera (DVC 80), no additional lighting, and no prior clue of the slightly awkward layout of the club. I hope to get at least two videos out of it before I use up all of the best coverage. Here's the first, I'd love any input you folks might have:

http://karatemedia.com/nutria/tied.html

(BTW, for some reason, the Quicktime version looks a little more washed-out than the Windows Media version)

Thanks!
Old January 1st, 2007, 10:59 PM   #6
Tourist

Liked it

Its very real, I like how it forces you to be a part of the experience and doesn't apologize for the situation, very real, i liked it. you felt like you were an observer right there watching the dynamics of the threesome, very cool.
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM   #7
Tourist

well done

extremely well done, real professional quality in it from everything from the acting down to the music and the final sound mix, well done
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:04 AM   #8

Moviemaking Video for Noobs (JVC HDV)

CLICK HERE to see the whole clip from my upcoming educational video series, the 2nd, and last free one: SHOT TYPES

It's a 15 meg WMV file, 640x360

This is aimed towards complete noobs and will be marketed to High School and early colleges for sales with this type of video in a series on DVD. Remember this is for the absolute BEGINNERS...

We shot in HDV with the JVC HD110 camera in both 24P and 30P modes and I edited in Avid Xpress Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 along with some work in After Effects. Mike Tavares was the shooter for me and the BMW was on loan from Buzz Productions.

Thanks all.
Peter John Ross
www.sonnyboo.com
Old January 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM   #9
Major Player

The Crimes of Mr. Lowry

Just wanted to share my film noir animation/live action film "The Crimes of Mr. Lowry". Been working on it for 3 months and currently still a work in progress. Shot with an XL2 and entirely on green screen.

http://www.citizencine.com/films/crimesofmrlowry.mov
Old January 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM   #10
Major Player

There is a formula that I got from theforce.net where you import the footage into after effects and basically paint a light saber on each frame over a stick that I was swinging around.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 08:44 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I thought it was well produced, well lit and very clear on the net. Good stuff.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:55 PM   #12
New Boot

Very good quality all around. Great information for beginners.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM   #13
Major Player

Wow Andy! That looks awesome! What are you plans to get it founded?

That Cablecam system you have looks/works nice! I would like to make myself one of those. Do you think you could post a parts list of it? I would really like to make one... And yes, I know someone who can weld.

Best of luck! And thanks for the fun Trailer!
~Gabriel
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:43 PM   #14
Regular Crew

The cable cam shots are sick. Excellent production.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:59 PM   #15
New Boot

First Post - :30 sec TV Spot

Alrighty, at the peak of initimidation factor since I usually feel like a mouse among lions when I view a lot of material on here, I'm diving in with my first post for critique-time. I was primarily an audio guy and computer guru before jumping into the Video Production arena, where I've just passed the 2 year mark. I'm wanting to start having a more polished, higher-quality flow to my projects (primarily cable TV spots and corporate video) and am ready to take your perceptions and suggestions to heart.

This is a :30 second spot I produced for my company's economic development department to air on our local cable systems...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ubfrrG58Ya4

Alrighty, I'm ready for the brutal yet educational experience from you, woohoo!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work