Show Your Work 2007 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old January 15th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #61
Major Player

I thought your reel was great, and you had a pretty diverse range of projects you've worked on. I watched one of your music videos and was entertained by it.
Old January 15th, 2007, 04:24 PM   #62
Regular Crew

/// moving images ///

Hello everyone,

Its been awhile since I've posted anything. My new site has launched. Please check it out when you can. Thank you for your time and support.

Mike D

http://www.mdfilms.net

Last edited by Michael DeMattia; January 15th, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Demo Reel - HELP

http://www.psynema.com/phillycrew/cl...aa353e27879133

Hey all - here's a rough cut of my Demo Reel - just have to dust it a bit, but let me know what you think and particularly if there are any spots that lag to you and if any shots should go, be re-ordered etc.

Thanks
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #64
New Boot

music video: flamingosi feat Karolina - ti i ja

Music Video for the popular serbian band.

XDCAM + Pro35 + Cooke S4/i

www.artvark.co.yu/showreel/flamingosi.htm

Cheers!
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #65
Regular Crew

This looks fantastic, I loved the opening shots and night time street locations!
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:12 AM   #66
Regular Crew

Very nice production value, shows what we can really accomplish with video these days.

Regarding the content: we want more lightsabers!
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:04 AM   #67
Tourist

UK HDV Feature for free download.

Hello, I finished a feature last year that I shot with the JY-HD10u.
I converted the 1280x720 29.97 to 24p for editing.

There is a divx available for free download on their stage 6 site if
anyone is curious (it's 82mins):

http://stage6.divx.com/members/390384/videos/1084832

The final picture size was 1920x816 (the divx is 720x304)

Many thanks

Colin Bishop

Last edited by Colin Bishop; January 16th, 2007 at 06:22 AM. Reason: addendum
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #68
New Boot

Tie - Some Kind Of A Roadmovie

The title of our new short movie really is "Tie - Some Kind Of a Roadmovie" :)
It's still very much a wip, but we have a cute little teaser trailer out if you want to see. The site is http://koti.mbnet.fi/zenig/tie/

Critic and questions are more than welcome :)
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #69
Major Player

I love the style of it! But I think it's a little obscure. I can't quite tell what it's about...unless that was your intention and you are going to release a more "explanatory" teaser eventually.
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #70
New Boot

Yes, it's pretty much just a first touch teaser since we didn't have that much footage yet. Just to get people on their toes ;)
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #71
Major Player

I just feel like I need a little bit more to actually tease me. Again, loved the style of it, but don't know that I'm interested in the content...yet.
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #72
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I thought the third one fit right in. Well done.
I agree. Nice job.
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #73
Regular Crew

Thanks for your comments. Ironically, I may need to make an "Acura Retreat" video. We've had a lot of developments in the last 24 hours. Here in Hawaii the Navigation systems don't work in most of our cars and someone at Acura Headquarters finally figured it out.

Unfortunately the guys in the legal department are now involved. Without consultoing us, they've removed all our outstanding orders for TL-S, RDX Tech and everytihing above the base MDX. They've also frozen all our in-transit cars with navigation. I have 5-6 people with orders on these cars.

We are trying to work something out with Acura that will allow us to ontinue to sell these models, but at this point it is looking pretty bad. If Acura is unable to resolve the Navi issue, and/or we are unable to resolve any potential legal issues, it is looking like we won't be allowed to order any Tech Packages in the future.

This effecively wipes out half the product line for us, with serious repurcussions on my earning potential! Acura Retreat!
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #74
New Boot

Harboring Terrorism Documentary Trailer

Hey everyone,

This is the link for the trailer for my new film about modern day pirates. To answer your question, yes they are real. Let me know what you think. We self funded the trailer and are seeking outside dollars to finish a feature length film.

http://www.harboringterrorism.com
Old January 17th, 2007, 04:30 AM   #75
Tourist

DVX Soap makes ABC contest semi-finals

I produce a college soap opera called The Gates. The first episode had issues but now clips from the second one have made it to the semi-finals of ABC's Soapnet contest. They can be viewed here: http://www.soapu.com.

Everything was filmed on the DVX100 although the one falling through the glass table shot was done on PD150.

Since I had to take a 40 minute show and compress it to ten minutes so much has been cut out, rearranged or edited down that it's hard to ask for comments on a lot of it since I know that's not what the final version will look like. I was wondering what you guys thought of the final chase scene as that actually was kept more or less intact. It's also the one scene that I really spent the most time storyboarding.

Also, do you think there are too many shots with camera movement in the episode overall? I had just got a new stabilizer (that $14 steadycam) before making the episode and I'm afraid I may have gone overboard with it.

The main problem I ran into while shooting was lighting (we don't have any except for some totas that keep burning through my gels). In order to fix that I'm having my school's TV station order some kits and I've spent Winter Break reading Painting With Light and the Set Lighting Technician's Handbook. That's not to mention how much I've been scouring these forums getting lots of great info that I can't wait to apply toward making Episode 3 great. My goal is to maintain a soap opera feel with the lighting but without that flat feeling that so many of them have.

The two main problems I ran into while editing were audio mixing and color correction. Our mics aren't very good and pick up a huge amount of noise. And you can always tell when there's a cut because the white noise in the background changes. Do you think a muff or something would help in that case? Or is there a way to fix it in post with Adobe's suite? As for CC, I tried to do most color correction in camera but, still there are a lot of times when it still appears off. Does anyone have a good tutorial for doing CC in Adobe? Or should I just invest in Magic Bullet?

Also, if you guys do happen to enjoy it please vote for it.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work