Show Your Work 2007 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old February 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #211
Regular Crew

That was some funny stuff. Like the slow mo shots
Old February 26th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #212
Regular Crew

Glad you guys enjoyed it! Thanks for the feedback.
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #213
Inner Circle

Thanks for the review. I have my own explination about the ending, but I rather listen to what other people make of it, because it's intended to be a bit open, although I think most will at least 'sort of' get the ending.
Old February 26th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #214
New Boot

Thanks for your input Brian, I will definitely consider the advice. Sorry for not posting more about the film. I had another thread on these forums and got no reply, so I'll write it here. Trigger is a 60 minute action-drama following the lives of four thieves and two detectives, during hte planning and build up to a bank robbery. Things go severely wrong when detective Jason Neilsen rises from a group of hostages and takes aim for the bandits.

We shot the movie on the Canon XL2. For some scenes, a Mini-35 adapter was used with a set of prime lenses.

There's also another trailer available at myspace.com/triggerfilm

I checked out your website too. What camera did you shoot your films on? The production quality looks outstanding.
Old February 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #215
Regular Crew

Drag track footage (HVR-A1)

This is a little vid clip I made for a local shop. You can tell there is alot of compression, also my shotgun wasn't working for some reason so there is not really any audio (which is why the audio is a music track). The best thing is that it is shot at night so you can see how well the A1 is at night.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...9c28bdb69069cb

Comments welcome
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #216
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Vannucci
Thanks for your input Brian, I will definitely consider the advice. Sorry for not posting more about the film. I had another thread on these forums and got no reply, so I'll write it here. Trigger is a 60 minute action-drama following the lives of four thieves and two detectives, during hte planning and build up to a bank robbery. Things go severely wrong when detective Jason Neilsen rises from a group of hostages and takes aim for the bandits.

We shot the movie on the Canon XL2. For some scenes, a Mini-35 adapter was used with a set of prime lenses.

There's also another trailer available at myspace.com/triggerfilm

I checked out your website too. What camera did you shoot your films on? The production quality looks outstanding.
I use the HD100 with a Mini35, both which I own. Just another suggestion for your film. 60 minutes isn't considered a feature film, so the market will be extremely limited. Second, 60 minutes is considered a short film, but VERY long for a short film. Most short films really should run 3-15 minutes at max. I learn as I go along. I am not sure if you can, but if I was you I would cut it down to 10-20 minutes if possible to get a greater chance of a viewing audience and festivals. Remember, the attention span of people today is limited at best.

Otherwise good luck. I would still cut the trailer as I mentioned before. if all of it is just for your school it doens't matter as much, but still try to finish your project the way it would be shown at a festival or TV, short or not. Thanks again =) and good luck with your film..
Old February 27th, 2007, 09:04 AM   #217
Regular Crew

No One's Home

For your consideration the second society presents: "No One's Home":

http://one.revver.com/watch/181756/flv/affiliate/55579

The most beautiful film released by the second society (http://2soc.net) to date, "No One's Home" takes distillation of film-making art to a new level.

Shot using the new "In 3's" technique to be featured in their upcoming "Project M", "No One's Home" is a triumph in high-speed, high-quality film-making.

(We took a considerable quality hit when encoded in the revver format, if you'd like to see the film it it's highest quality let me know and I can provide you with a hi-fi copy.)
http://2soc.net
Old February 27th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #218
New Boot

Hi Daniel. Thanks for your comments. I understand what you are saying about hand held shots. I did at the time think I have reason to use hand held on some scenes, to represent/add to emotional tensions of the husbands mind in the house kitchen scene and the tension between the brothers in the restaurant kitchen and house bar scene towards the end. Maybe it was overused and I should have been a bit more selective on when to go hand held.
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #219
Regular Crew

I'll be honest...I don't get it...
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #220
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Gast
I'll be honest...I don't get it...
LOL! I get it, I'm just not sure if it was worth getting?

Sorry, just seemed pretty pointless to me. Some very nice camera work though.

Cheers,

Mike
Old February 27th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #221
Major Player

Riveting. Seriously, I dont get it either. The picture looks okay, but I dont know what to think about your shot angle choices since I dont really get the concept of the video. What did you shoot this with?
Old February 27th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #222
Regular Crew

Thank you for the feedback guys.

The point here is simply to capture something beautiful, quickly.

For those looking for more (a plot perhaps) we'll be applying this approach to our upcoming "Project M" where we'll utilize these techniques to tell a more extensive story.

Thanks again for taking time to review. If you'd like to know I'll do my best to share whatever details I can.
http://2soc.net
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #223
Major Player

FADE - a short film

FADE is a 4 minute piece originally shot January 2007 for the Dvxuser Online Drama Festival, using a DVX100 (PAL). It's a kind of abstract drama, with a theatrical feeling. Synopsis: "He who seeks inner peace, is bound first to confront himself.”
FADE contains soundscapes and music created by the English group SonVer (www.sonver.co.uk). The final film has been mixed in a film studio to 5.1 surround on a Protools 7 HD hardware/software system. The computer animation has been made with Maya.

Watch FADE at http://www.orphicfilm.nl/html/fade-mediaqt.html
(Quicktime 7 H264 version, including English subtitles)

Note: turn on the volume for getting more fade per inch! ;-)
Old February 28th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #224
Major Player

Four funny Shorts I did for my church

I shot and edited this series for my church last year. They were written by our Creative Arts team. Three of the shorts were shot with 3-chip DV ENG-style cameras and one was shot entirely with a digital still camera on burst mode. I used Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.

It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Each short ran in services each week during the series, and we got plenty of positive feedback. I was even paid modestly for my work, which is always nice!

Here's the link to the page with the Flash videos and more information on the series.

I can't wait to do another series with my new Canon X-A1!

Enjoy,
Brian Brown
BrownCow Productions
Old February 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #225
Inner Circle

Hey Brian. Pretty funny, and they make some good points too !!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work