Show Your Work 2007 - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old April 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #331
Major Player

48 Hour Film shot with an XL2

This is a film that I wrote shot and edited in under 48 hours for a film contest last year. It's the work I'm most proud of so far, but mostly because I can only convince people to help if it's only for a weekend. Anyway enjoy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q_oWdB7PdAI
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #332
Regular Crew

Thank you.
"Soy la ley" was recorded in one day (chroma in the morning, running and singing in the afternoon) and edited in five or six days. So i thing it is that we´re starting to do things right ;)
Old April 7th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #333
Major Player

Saying Goodbye To My Xl1

Some of my work shot on the Canon XL1 the past couple of years.

1.Instrumental music video / Shot one of hottest days (temperature 46 deg. celcius )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgx4Eb4Kgo

2. Scenes from TV series / Wolfgang Riebe / Master Magician. RIPSAW -
cutting a man in half / Illusion was based on camera trickery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvVWhcojoI

Herman.

Last edited by Herman Van Deventer; April 7th, 2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old April 8th, 2007, 06:03 AM   #334
Regular Crew

New Trailer

I would love some feedback for our new show. We shot it with a GL-2 edited Vegas6. Real basic stuff.

I would love your feedback as I am always trying to improve.

Thanks!

http://www.dogster.com/video/513953/Pet_places
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #335
Regular Crew

Short Edit with AG-DVC30 - Flight

Here's a short edit I made using my DVC30. Tell me what you think, sorry for the poor compression on Putfile. When you do view it, click the right button on the bottom and view it in "original" size to eliminate the nasty artifacts that come with putfile's recompression.

Flight
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:58 AM   #336
Regular Crew

One of my Rap videos!

What do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESk_KAsTA0A
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #337
Regular Crew

Nice work Mike. I'm jealous - i wish i could shoot from a plane! keep up the good work!
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:53 AM   #338
Major Player

Nice track, though probably a bit long, it could do with a radio edit.

Video doesn't add much, but it's YouTube friendly. It could have done with a creative theme or two rather than just a collection of unconnected performances as the performances in themselves just aren't strong enough to sustain interest.

Not sure about the dissolves at the start, just makes the scene look badly directed. Also, the 'live performance' shots are very badly lit and you should just take them out.

I'd go back to the edit suite and work it over. The track deserves it.

Liam.
Old April 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #339
Major Player

More Feedback

1. Utilise the colourful vehicles you had in your plot.
2. Like said / Drop the dissolves at the beginning.
3. The glasses and bottles stay full throughout the whole party. If you
hired me, i could've helped with the continuity by consumption !

4. Otherwise I second the first comments on your video.
Cut a 3min 40sec version.(app.)

Herman.
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #340
Regular Crew

thanks for the input. i agree with everything suggested.. i did it all in one day(shooting). it was last minute and unorganized. edited it in about 7 hours. they paid more money for the club rental than the video! it was a learning experience. you know how these things go. thanks
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:47 AM   #341
Major Player

Two high school jocks on a silly adventure!

Check out the adventures of Felix and Marcus, two high school jocks who aren't the brightest of individuals. They're preparing for the "Bell Game", an annual football game between two rival high schools, in order to retain their coveted Bell Trophy.

http://chrisjharris.com/Site/Video%2..._movie_web.mov

We did this back in November. It's a bit long, it clocks in at about 8 minutes, but hopefully it's somewhat entertaining. Tell me what you guys think!
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #342
Regular Crew

Wedding Video

Here is a wedding video I made recently. Your thoughts as always are welcome. This was captured with a DVX100A.

http://home.surewest.net/jourdan/janae.mov
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #343
Major Player

It's only about 2:16 in length, right? Cause the file went up to 6:26 but there was nothing there. Anyway, here's what I liked about it. The music worked, it was very appropriate for the flow of the segment. I liked the shots of the garden, they really set the atmosphere of the wedding. I also thought the slight vignetting was a great choice. The oversaturation when the people stood up to applaud was a nice effect too, although just being picky here, a bit abrupt.
I only have one other small thing to nitpick about it, the footage is a little too close up for my tastes, and there's a lot of zoom used. But man, great work! Certainly a lot better than anything I could do.
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #344
Regular Crew

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words. Also thank you for taking the time to watch it and yes the film is only 2 minutes and some change. I just goofed up and left the audio track uncut. Im going to fix that. Take care.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #345
Major Player

CASI CASI - On HBO DVD May 15th!

Hello, all! Just wanted to let you know that my first feature film, CASI CASI, will be available on DVD from HBO Video beginning May 15th. It was shot with a very small crew using a DVX100 camera, and has been making a splash in a bunch of film festivals last year.

The DVD will have a feature-length audio commentary (which we recorded at HBO's studio in a very cool session!) as well as a making-of featurette. All you indie filmmakers will get a kick out of this movie, as well as the behind the scenes feature and the commentary. For more info, check out the official website: www.casicasi.com. The DVD will be available at major stores, as well as online through the usual retailers (Amazon, Walmart, Borders, etc.) You'll also be able to catch it on HBO television beginning in October, but you'll want to see the DVD because of all the making-of stuff.

Thanks for your support. Making this movie was possible in large part due to the knowledge of the members of DVinfo. It is a priviledge to finally announce the availability of our DVD on this forum.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work