Show Your Work 2007 - Page 73 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:53 PM   #1081
Major Player

I'll agree with Bert. The smoke was like, "...huh?" Other than that, good job. I've found out that staying on the same shot for more than 2 seconds really pushes it unless you're trying to tell a story. There were a few longer shots that could have been clipped, but that's my personal taste.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:53 PM   #1082
Major Player

Looked like some really bad interlacing in the first vid.

You have a Z1 right? Why aren't you shooting 30p / Rendering it...
Old November 4th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #1083
Major Player

Because that was the first time I had ever shot with a fx1 and edited with premiere pro 2.0. The second video is me with a z1 and cut with fcp 6
Old November 4th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #1084
Major Player

next time think more about composition.

When there is straight on band angle, camera cuts of vocal's half of the body and shows ugly ceiling instead, thats incorrect.
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #1085
Trustee

Wonderful thank you for the feedback so far.

The smoke got left in, I was mixed on it, and just messing around. The vocalist ended up liking it and wanted it in.

You're right about some of the time on shots Alex, more than I wanted too, I already know I have to go in and tighten some of that up.

Some of these shots I'm working with no sounds and have to frame by frame match vocals. I started to get abstract a little, not wanting an always on vocal match.

Great, notepad is getting used, thanks again!!!
Old November 4th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #1086
New Boot

Music Video Parody

First shot at a music video. Our remake/variation of SNL's Lazy Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHBP92HHMfQ
Old November 5th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #1087
New Boot

GET FOCUSED 07, shot with hte DVX100a

Here's the clip: (recommended to download the high quality clip)
http://files.filefront.com/Finalmovi.../fileinfo.html

Get Focused is an annual festival in Norway.

It's not a promo video for the festival, I just brought my camera and filmed some..
Old November 6th, 2007, 02:40 AM   #1088
New Boot

Untested Theories

hi guys!

i'd just like to share with you some mobisodes i've been working on for my company theHUB. we're a content provider currently focused on mobile tv and one of the programs we're developing is called Untested Theories. at the moment our YouTube page features four episodes - do check them out and if you're so inclined, leave your comments. oh and if you like what we're doing, feel free to let your friends know. thanks!

www.youtube.com/untestedtheories

regards,

dan abbey
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #1089
New Boot

Norwegian American Football

I got the opportunity to follow my local college football team during their climb from the newest and most inexperienced, to the third place in the national rankings.
My main job was to give the coach material to review and do statistics from, but I also made a highlights edit from each game for the players.
This is the highlights from one of their best games (in my opinion).
Shot on a HVR-Z1E
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Xg7Q9rX16s

What do you think?
Old November 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #1090
New Boot

interesting posibilities

I thought the you made a fantastic choice in the music you chose. It adds a certain transcendental feel to the piece. I would have liked to have seen a few close ups of clashing bodies and grimacing faces.

As seen on youtube, it was rather dark...needed to be brightened and punched up.

Too many scrimages..Some sections could have been slowed down and others speeded up for dramatic effect.

With some additional work it could leave the viewer anxious to know what the "back story"is.
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #1091
New Boot

Thanks for the reply.

I was actually going to shoot the game with two cameras to get more close ups and a different angle to choose from, but my friend was too whipped by his girlfriend, so that didn't work out.
The reason to the darkness is the fact that this was my first time using the Z1, with most of my experience from my PD-170 which I think handles low light much better. Should have done something with it in post though, but I only had about an hour to edit it, so I didn't spot it.
I tried to cut out some scrimmages, but it didn't seem right. The action needed to start somewhere. But thats just me I guess.
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #1092
Major Player

Local TV spot - greenscreen & motion graphics

I updated a spot for a local credit union and went in a totally different direction from their previous spot that Comcast did. I shot the CEO on a greenscreen and animated her into a kid's notebook (using After Effects).

I'll get to update the middle "pages" every month for a new Teacher of the Month, going on-site to shoot the classroom and teachers. It's been an enjoyable project and a great client.

http://www.browncowvideo.com/svvcu/TOM/

Thanks for watching,
Brian Brown
BrownCow Productions
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:04 AM   #1093
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petter Suul View Post
I was actually going to shoot the game with two cameras to get more close ups and a different angle to choose from
That was going to be my first suggestion, but it would seem that you've already thought about that.

Quote:
but my friend was too whipped by his girlfriend, so that didn't work out.
I'll refrain from the obvious joke here.

All I can say about the game footage was that:
1) #36 is a battering ram of a running back. Watching that guy run was like watching old NFL games from the 60's and I say that in a good way.
2) the opposing team was brutally bad
3) tackling must not have made it's way to your country yet

-Ethan Cooper
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #1094
New Boot

The game ended 40-0. I actually heard that this became the last season for Eidsvoll (the losing team). This isn't a very popular sport in Norway, as you probably saw on the numbers of spectators, so the players game knowledge and experience is limited. But "my" team actually has an American coach, which has done a great job teaching these players.
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #1095
Regular Crew

My new film trailer... Redrock M2

Made this first weekend of September... Really had alot of fun with it... Shot on Canon HV20 with M2

Remember this is a trailer to a scene i shot, that takes place in the middle of a feature... so it doesnt amke sense at all... unless you know the backstory....

im working on making a CGI Afx sequence for the beginning showing what has taken place thus far

Read up on it here: www.reduxfilm.blogspot.com

http://www.redrockmicro.com/footage/...rrierfinal.mov
Right Click and Save As

I'm also 17 and made this...

Zac

Last edited by Zac Crosby; November 8th, 2007 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Added some Backstory... pointless backstory
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work