Show Your Work 2007 - Page 72 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old October 30th, 2007, 06:19 AM   #1066
Regular Crew

My DemoReel for 2007

I'm relatively new to these messageboards, so a quick introduction. I shoot mostly Mountain Bike films and videos, mostly just for fun but also occasionally comercially.

I've Just finished my Demo Reel for post-june 07. Thought I'd share. It's all MTB

DemoReel 102MB 1:20min H.264 1024x576

I've spent almost 95% of my time behind the camera shooting MTB, but will very soon be moving toward indies, since I find the environment of sports shooting very limited to what I want to achieve behind a camera. It's definetly a very difficult medium to try and get creative with as it is mostly out of your control what the riders and the environment is doing at any particular moment in time.

I shoot on an FX1, at 50i. All the slowed motion is done at 50i then de-interlaced in post. Hope you enjoy!:)
Old October 30th, 2007, 07:04 AM   #1067
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
Does it start and stop smoothly? I read a comment about the head that it has slop changing directions.
That requires scripted commands (for acceleration deceleration) thus my effort to develop software control. It does have a little slop changing directions but that's sort of a rare application...
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:28 PM   #1068
Regular Crew

i love out of focus and handheld shots, so it was a given that i'd enjoy that video. good job!
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:52 AM   #1069
Major Player

Trailer for a dance group

I did this tralier for a German Dance Group, and I glad that it has taken them on tour to different countries.

Shot with only one camera, a DVX100B , during 4 shows.

http://blip.tv/file/357890?filename=...ceGroup121.mov
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:49 AM   #1070
Regular Crew

From a fellow metal head..... that band is brutal! Absolutely loving the video too. I'm trying to get things rolling on a video for a metal-core band that I work/hang with a lot. Lately I've just been filming their shows with two cameras so they can send off to labels for a press kit.

Great job on the video bro!! Keep it up! \m/
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:48 PM   #1071
Regular Crew

Newest DVX100a Music Video

Shot this is NYC, No Adapter (YET!!) ... it says final buuut i may tweak a few things here and there... First look! :)

http://www.madguyproductions.com/upl...ttingover.html
Old November 1st, 2007, 10:40 PM   #1072
Major Player

Star Wheel

Hey, figured I'd let you guys know, I've got my first "teaser" video online in 720p, shot with a Canon HV20, an AT-35 lav and an ATR55 Shotgun.

Edited in Final Cut Pro. No color correction.

http://www.vimeo.com/365186
Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:51 AM   #1073
Major Player

Teaser for me first serious short

Click here to watch.

It is one of 3 short films I am working on before editing them all and showing them together(I don`t have a computer that can edit HD yet). They started out as 3 demos of fighting scenes we wanted to do, then like many others before me, they took control and became much more. The projects expanded into full blown shorts (eww...) and luckily not into features! So here it is, the teaser to "Sons of Lemuria".

There's a bit more info, pictures, test videos, and misc stuff about the projects Here.
Add me as a friend if you'd like to follow the projects' progress :)
Old November 2nd, 2007, 09:26 AM   #1074
Major Player

Nice little teaser! I like the titles and the music seemed to fit.

Might need a little Colour Correction but pretty good overall.

Cheers,

Mike
Old November 2nd, 2007, 11:09 AM   #1075
Major Player

thanks, believe it or not there was alot of correction there, as well as I`m not yet familiar with gamma adjusting/color adjusting a monitor etc for different export methods. It seems h264 renders out with desaturated colors a bit, wmv saturates it, so what I see in premiere is not what is posted ... just the best I could get. Any help in that field would be great.

Also I wanted to make a plea to the moderators to fix the error in the title...'me' should be 'my'... i don't want to look completely uneducated...just make typing errors ;) Please? :D
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:38 PM   #1076
Regular Crew

First music video

Hi there, I was wondering if I could run this by your good selves please, but before you watch, may I just note for record my own personal thoughts and parts where I know are way out, even before that though, some history of the shoot...

EntraVenus are a local band who approached me to shoot three music videos about three separate songs which are linked by the same characters. The first video establishes who Davey is and why he is doing what he does. The second video delves deeper into his character, a drug habit is established and also a girlfriend, and shows a possible greivance to a dealer called "Jimmy the Chimp"

The third video depicts a possible demise. I say possible because a fourth song, although totally unrelated, could show events occurring after the third film.

All will become clear. The band feature indirectly in all three videos, in the first they are a band playing on tv which the family is watching when Davey is trying to get attention; in the second they are playing a gig in a club where the action is taking place, and in this third video, they appear as people in the street which Davey comes into contact with.

My own thoughts on this video, which couldn't be controlled due to the band and the story they want to tell, this fact is that drugs and guns do not make a good music video, and portray the wrong image for the band, also the band used friends as actors, which is a big no-no but I am no professional and they are budgetless, paying only for my time.

So, the feedback I'd like to get, if any, would be just about the video itself - how it is shot, its composition, editing, framing, and post production.

Thanks in advance for your feedback, it will all be used in the shooting of the second video (3 is finished, 1 has been shot and rough cut, 2 is waiting for the band)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=20737070

Thanks,

Russ
Old November 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM   #1077
Major Player

thanks guys.

Travis, thats the best thing actually, Ive worked with many other bands, but making video with your homies is the best. No stress, you can be natural and express yourself as you wish, dont have to worry about politeness.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM   #1078
Trustee

Year of the Moth - "Cheater" Music Video

Please give me some feedback on this video we produced and edited for Year of the Moth, a very talented rock band. We showed up just to help with cinematography and ended up being handed the entire project. The band picked the stage and wanted just a simple video of them playing. 4 different cameras were used including my Vx2100, and HVR-A1U. The band loves the video and I think we did a decent job for what we had to work with.

I have the opportunity to recut it in any way i want, obscure, super artsy, whatever -so i'd like some feedback in that area too.

QT - 48MB
http://timelake.com/media/YOTM.mov

YouTube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cltE54HaIOw
Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:58 PM   #1079
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Wagner View Post
The band loves the video and I think we did a decent job for what we had to work with.
The things that stood out for me as "hmm, I don't like that" was just the weird smoke layer effect that comes on the screen, and then the parts where is totally blown out black and white for just a brief moment. Totally just a matter of taste.

I included the above quote because I think you've got the right idea... there's only so much you can do with this project, and if the band loves it, I think you can call it a success. Its probably one of these projects where you're going to say "well, its not my best, but if the client's happy..."... we all get our fair share of those.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:27 PM   #1080
Major Player

I also shoot paintball and other stuff

Seeing the other paintball videos on here I decided to post the one I did last year and some of what I am doing right now.
http://jambrill.com/805%20films/PbnationHB07.avi

Here is a little mock commercial I did for one of my film classes.
http://jambrill.com/Film%20pro%20275/275%20lasic.mov
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work