Show Your Work 2007 - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old March 12th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #271
New Boot

Short Film - Black Rainbow

here's a short film i done this summer. i thougt i could post it here since i don't have this camcorder anymore. it's an abstract , surrealist french movie. hope you like it. i did this alone and in a day. it's featuring music by The American Dollar and Lisa lindley jones.
have fun.
Directed By Pascal Payant

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1422792458
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #272
New Boot

Sci-Fi Coffee commercial script and storyboard

Script for a science fiction coffee commercial

LINSEN COFFEE

Version E
by Rob Shan Lone

INT.COFFE SHOP.DAY

A burnt coffee cup with oozing brown sludge is on a transporter pad. BRENT faces the camera after rolling his eyes up at the cup, smirking. BRENT is wearing welding gloves. BRENT is behind the counter, looking at one of the gloves.

BRENT

They tried to teleport it, those god damm aliens…but it doesn't taste right…

BRENT holds up a Metallic coffee using a “welding glove”.

BRENT

…because it’s not LINSIN coffee!

BRENT holds the cup and looks at the coffee. BRENTS gaze drifts to “the machine.” BRENT puts the cup down.

BRENT

LINSIN coffee is able to survive the teleportation sequence, due its magnetic metallic properties!

Close up shots of the machine, so we can not truly understand how big or what it is exactly. BRENT grabs a new clean cup and walks around the kiosk. Reference shot to the Monolith in 2001. BRENT walks into shot and places it on to the metal plate of the machine at the front of the kiosk. BRENT activates the machine. The nozzle of the machine vibrates slightly. A gold oily liquid pumps around a tube. The machine stops churning. Gold paste falls into the clean cup. The machine fills the cup. BRENT smiles with anticipation. BRENT looks up. A spaceman runs towards the cup and picks it up, but scorches his hand.

SPACEMAN

Geer ge Gaaahh!

The spaceman runs back out the door. Shots are heard, followed by the splashing of hot coffee, an alien scream is heard.

BRENT

Snap to it rocket man! You of all colonists deserve it, fighting against the tyranny of the human empire.

BRENT grabs a new cup and activates the machine again. This time the process is faster. BRENT picks up the new metallic coffee cup using the welding gloves. BRENT smells it.

BRENT

Ahhhh the aroma of iron. It takes me back to the canyons of Mars. Mmmmmm just taste that hot molten liquid!

BRENT is just about to drink from the cup when a light shines on it. A flash occurs and BRENT gets startled slightly. BRENT turns to the camera in an angry manner, clenching his fists.

BRENT

If all aliens do not leave Terran space I will destroy their base on the moon!

A second light shines on a collection of coffee products, including his first cup. BRENT looks furious and grabs one of the metallic bags to try and save it. Knocks over a few of the spare bags. BRENT spins around, places the bag in the other hand. BRENT brandishes a space grenade with his free hand. BRENT briefly fights against an invisible force growing stronger.

BRENT

LINSIN coffee it tastes good, even if it hurts!

A close up of one of the metallic bags from the collection. A strobe flash occurs.
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #273
Major Player

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the message and sorry for my delayed response.

The contest was very 'open', filmmakers were invited to produce a max 6 minute short film, in the Drama genre.

I know what you mean with the more abstract shots, after the film was finished I thought of choosing more exciting camera positions during the dialog part of the film. We had very little time to experiment, as the preparing of the set took twice the time that was planned for it. Beter luck next time ;)
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #274
New Boot

The Man Who Couldn't Change.

Hi - this is the first film I've written and shot. It's about a man who can't face who he is and finally makes it real to himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTuRMndOx3Q

Any comments, and especially any advice on where I went wrong and what I could do to improve would be brilliant.

Thanks!
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #275
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Adams View Post
Hi - this is the first film I've written and shot.
Would you upload it somewhere besides Youtube?
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #276
New Boot

Is there any service you'd recommend? I don't have any online storage.
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM   #277
Major Player

Flametal "Anda Jaleo"

Hey everyone,

Though id share a music video directed by me, concept by Ben Woods (lead singer of the band)

www.thepegasuscompany.com

No disclaimers here, just watch it!

Jay
Old March 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #278
Tourist

Super Sweer Refund Revenge - online contest

http://www.youtube.com/contest/super...l=true?goto=96

This is an entry for an online video contest on YouTube. It is our 1st attempt with the HVX200. If you have a YouTube account, go ahead and vote for it. Let me know what you think.

(Hint...vote "I Like it") :)

Thanks.
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:06 AM   #279
Regular Crew

Was so great until the end. It slowed down far too much. Should've made it happen in about 10 seconds or less, you drew it out for like 30.

Clever idea, well executed, that encounted outside his door was just too lengthy to really bring it home. Good entry though...but unfortunately I couldn't cast a vote in good conscience witout seeing the other 139 entries...

...which won't happen, 'cause I have this thing I call life...it gets in the way with fun, sometimes...

Good entry though, hope you win. Good luck :)
Old March 18th, 2007, 01:08 AM   #280
Regular Crew

My 1st FCP edit :)

Since I am still in the learning process of FCP I dare not take any paid work, so this is a first attempt to shoot & edit.

Shot using a Sony DCR-TRV14E mini DV camcorder
Edited on FCP5 on MacBook Pro
Nattress Film FX Plug-In

I am aiming at the wedding videography market. Although this clip is not on subject, I would appreciate any advise in regards to general editing & filming technique. After editing this clip I realised that there aren't any moving camera shots, I shot it using a tripod, so I guess it looks a little like a documentary.

Anyway, here it is and thanks for your comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ41aT_0Hb4
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #281
Inner Circle

ShoEvil - A Trailer Spoof

We at Poorly Projected Pictures just released ShoEvil - a horror movie trailer spoof.

http://colonelcrush.com/movie/index/00150000

The thing that makes it is the sound as much as the video. I just picked up a children's choir sound library (Giovani - Voices of the Young from BelaDMedia), and it totally anchored the sound.

We could have loaded this with many more tricks, but we make a short film a week. There's only so much time before we have to upload and move on to the next project! (Sunday nights get busy for us.)

(Shoe Evil, Shoe Ville?, Sh-Show Evil? - Schweevil!)
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:05 AM   #282
Major Player

(Shoe Evil, Shoe Ville?, Sh-Show Evil? - Schweevil!)

The best part of the trailer! funny stuff.
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #283
Regular Crew

LOL!

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at this! Well well done, totally what you were going for, haha. That ending was phenominal. I was going to comment on like, maybe not put a flash here, maybe redo this line...

...but who cares, that's flippin hilarious.
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #284
Major Player

New music video

Hi everyone..I haven't posted much work up, but here is a new music video I just finished. It was shot on the HD110, edited in Premiere Pro 2.0 and After Effects 7.0 Pro, and colored with Magic Bullet.

http://www.the24thframe.com/video/answers.mov

We had no money to work with, and the band just wanted a simple rock out performance video for this song. I think we achieved it.
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #285
Major Player

Nice work Wade, you've given the band a good promo tool.

A few guitar shots were vaguely familiar...then realized I did the same thing in the Bad Fathers "They're Coming" video in 2005 :) See attached.

I noticed the slo-mo shots looked a little blend-y, was that just a speed change on the timeline? It still works. I especially liked the location wherever that was, that really helps the tone of the video with the bars and the bricks and whatnot.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Your Work 2007-answers.jpg   Show Your Work 2007-bad_fathers.jpg  

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work