Show Your Work 2007 - Page 55 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old August 21st, 2007, 09:35 AM   #811
Major Player

I have a .mac

But sorry to say Apple made iLife 08 for only newer macs. My Powerbook G4 which is only about a year and a half old will not run the new iLife. Looks like a cool program.
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:16 PM   #812
New Boot

"Ain't Got Much of a Smile" Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFLFBK5JrA

Shot in my backyard with a "home-made" green screen made of poster boards using only natural sunlight. You be the judge and see how the results came out.

I gotta tell you, artbeats footage rocks!
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:35 PM   #813
Regular Crew

Well done.
Amazing footage with some very close encounters. Looks like a lot of fun.

I always tought the Manxmen were crazy on the road, but now i see you guy's are crazy in the water too.

For some 10 years i'm planning to come to you're lovely island (TT-time), but for some reason i still didn't make it.
Old August 21st, 2007, 09:41 PM   #814
Major Player

dude, that should be viral. I don't know why that's so freakin' catchy. It's not my style, but I'm passing it along.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:00 AM   #815
Regular Crew

It's not easy inventing a new film genre - 2

Lucy (2:13) - Light from darkness
http://elmerlang.com/LucyDavis.html

The Great Gaspy (8:22) - Just try and shut him up
http://elmerlang.com/TheGreatGaspy.html

Elmer Lang
H2E Productions - "Better Than Water"
http://elmerlang.com - 50+ films

Last edited by Elmer Lang; August 22nd, 2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Layin' around, nothin' t'do
Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM   #816
Regular Crew

That IS too bad. iLife '08 is the perfect companion for the .Mac account.
That's a TRUE BUMMER.

Joseph
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM   #817
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Sprinkle View Post
dude, that should be viral. I don't know why that's so freakin' catchy. It's not my style, but I'm passing it along.
Thanks man, we appreciate your help in passing it along. It was a departure from the videos I usually do, but it was lots of fun, going way back to childhood memories to dig up ideas for this video.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:21 PM   #818
Major Player

passed it along to my family and friends. Nicely done...
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:49 AM   #819
Regular Crew

That, was really, really good. I was thoroughly entertained. Thanks for sharing!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:39 PM   #820
Regular Crew

Damn, what happened !?
->
Quote:
The sound effect at the end also needs work.
I just watched it my self to check, and there is something completely wrong with that sfx! In both my 'Om The Hoek' movies btw...

SPOILERS
That fx is supposed to be a gunshot (obviously), but for some reason, it sounds like a little puff machine..!?

I don't understand how that happened..!
I also just checked the same movies on my DVD, and there, the sfx sounds like it should be. So I know I didn't just accidently delete the fx before uploading...

Any help, or suggestions ??
Any of you had this problem before ?

Last edited by Hyun De Grande; August 24th, 2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:53 PM   #821
Regular Crew

Advice for my Trailer?

I have a unique situation, in that my 90-minute film (which is almost complete) is a compliation of 10 short stories. I am having a hard time coming up with the most creative way to do a trailer. There is a narrator character (ala Rod Serling of The Twighlight Zone), so I was thinking of having the narrators voice speaking over the trailer -- possibly showing bits and pieces of each story. The stories really don't relate to each other, other than the narrator character is the "story-teller".

Does anyone have any "outside of the box thinking" on this? If I use your idea, I will give you a credit in the film.

Thanks!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:56 PM   #822
Major Player

Thanks for the review Mike.

Unfortuantely I can't do anything about the angles in the edit. However, I have managed to fix the sound a bit and (i hope) make the edit a little more interesting. If you get a chance, please check out the remastered version of the film at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf57RFKs-HU

Thank you everyone for your reviews. I tried to take all I could into account all the suggestions I could when I re-edited the film over the last two nights. I hope you all get a chance to check out the new version and let me know if you think it is any better/worse/same
Old August 24th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #823
Major Player

The feel is a lot better, in my humble opinion . I really like the flashback/cutaway segments that you added and the way that you used the masks in post to separate them from the current action. The difference in the color process also set the flashbacks/cutaways apart really well. I really like it.

The one thing I think was better in the original was the end look on his face on the line, "In the kitchen." I don't like the blacks crushed quite so much. I understand that it's the same color timing as the rest of the piece. I just think that his eye sockets are a bit too dark.

I know that sounds knit picky. But the piece is really well done and that's the only thing I could think of that MIGHT make it better. Emphasis on MIGHT. This is by far not a breaking point for the piece.

Well done...

Kevin
Old August 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #824
New Boot

Thanks amigos! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.
Old August 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #825
Major Player

If it were me i'd think of a concept and shoot something purely for the trailer for example a motorway under pass (like the one in the origional terminator where she puts the bandage on him), theres an old tramp sitting next to a fire and he's the one telling the stories, you could get some nice close ups through the flames and creapy shots of the woods etc (opertunity for some dolly moves) and just add in some clips from each story.

If thats too cliched for you another option is to use text, think up something clever to write about your stories and put the text between clips of your stories.....something along the lines of humans inherant need to tell stories or even the patron saint or greek/roman god of story tellers (if there is such a thing).

These are just off the top of my head.

Andy.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work