Show Your Work 2008 - Page 34 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 24th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #496
Regular Crew

Pet Rescue film

I used my A1 on this project I had to do for my Advanced Video Production class. It's for a contest on this organization called The Christophers. The theme of the video is "One Person Can Make A Difference." We found this lady in Sanford who has created a giant following. Her name is Judy and she started her group "Pet Rescue by Judy" to save animals that are about to be put down in pounds and spays and neuters all of the animals.

Here is the high-def vimeo version. http://vimeo.com/929367

There is also a youtube version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mklF_GARTrc

We want as many views on the youtube account to get this video out there and get more people interested in her cause. She is one of the few decent people left in this country, and she needs all of the help she can get.
Jerrod Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #497
Wrangler

Jerrod, I moved this from the XH Sample Clips to Show Your Work because it'll get wider viewing here.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #498
New Boot

Man, that's really cool. Well done!
Andrew Gizinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #499
Regular Crew

Nice work Ben. Better than my real estate cr@p LOL ..Wish i was young again and had all the video technolgy we have now.
Steve Elgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #500
Regular Crew

Great work Jerrod. I probably would have used a tripod on those opening shots, but overall you have done a great job on the editing.
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #501
Regular Crew

I hope your camera was on the end of a very loooong boom.
Old April 25th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #502
Regular Crew

Processed Thought - Short Edit

Here's a little abstract edit that is one interpretation of my take on a thought that may cross your mind in the midst of the day. Let me know what you think, feel, like, dislike and so forth. I like all feedback.

http://www.vimeo.com/937483

Enjoy
Mike Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #503
Regular Crew

Talent!

Ben your work is great! The B/W edits look really clean, transition smoothly and look really professional. Did you crush the blacks when shooting or in post? Anyhow keep posting your work I enjoy it a lot.
Mike Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #504
New Boot

Crushed the blacks down in post, Did the final grade using the 3way color corrector in FCP, Magic Bullet, and some 8 point garbage mattes where i wanted to do selective color correcting. Added some grain to it also, using the 'add noise' filter in FCP. Cant remember the exact settings i used, but i have them in my favourites if anyone wants to know. The eureka 4.0 plugin "film grain" is another regular plugin i use for adding grain on a final grade. Dunno if anyone twigged it but its the same guy in the boxing piece, just shot him twice, once in a hoddy and once without.
Ben Coughlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #505
Major Player

48 Hour Panasonic Showdown Winner - shot on an HPX-500

Hey all,

Earlier in the year the 48 Hour Film Project and Panasonic invited us and four other city winners to participate in the Panasonic HD Showdown. They shipped all five teams Panny HPX500 and gave us another 48 hours to make another film start to finish. The requirements we got that weekend were:

Genre: Road Movie
Line: "Remember it's a secret"
Prop: a piece of fruit
Character: Jack Fudd, Subcontractor

My co-creator Kevin Good and I both being songwriters, we had decided ahead of time that whatever we got, we'd also make it a musical.

The resulting film, "Lizzie Strada," is here:

http://www.crisislab.com/index.php?action=view&id=6 (some adult content there, but no nudity or foul language - sorry)

We won, which is awesome. And even more so, we are getting a brand new HVX200a from Panasonic this week as our prize.

Let me know what you think.

(this version is slightly changed from what we turned in... we put on new opening and closing credits, and we tweaked a couple edits and sound issues... but the film part is 97% like what we turned in)
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #506
Obstreperous Rex

Awesome -- congrats Barry! Thanks for sharing this with us,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #507
Wrangler

Congrats Barry. While I was with Instant Films we talked to Panasonic a few years back about partnering with them to do the same thing, glad they finally got around to making it happen with the 48-hr folks.
Old April 25th, 2008, 03:33 PM   #508
Major Player

Chris - thanks so much.

Charles - thanks also. Whatever happened to the instant films? That seemed so fun... I always wanted to come out that way and give it a try.
Old April 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #509
Wrangler

Still going on, they are about to have their 25th festival in a few weeks. I left the company two years ago for various reasons.
Old April 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #510
Regular Crew

Richmond Lock

Hi Eveyone...My short Richmond Lock as inspired by a piece done by Philip Bloom can be found on my website www.londonmarkfilms.co.uk under the films section or follow the link on the home page.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work