DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Show Your Work 2008 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/94990-show-your-work-2008-a.html)

Solomon Chase November 23rd, 2008 08:27 PM

Batteryfire - Demo Reel 2008

Hey Guys,
Just finished a rough cut of my demo reel. It's about a minute long.
I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the content, length, cut speeds, music, etc.

Vimeo Link:
Demo Reel - 2008 on Vimeo

Daniel Bates November 23rd, 2008 08:44 PM

I'm not sure about the music - it is peppy enough, but seems a bit too canned. Also, the ending shot does not seem in place with the rest of the reel.

Otherwise, I like it! It moves right along, and your work is quite good to my eye.

Michael Pulcinella November 24th, 2008 09:51 AM

The Clueless Competitor - a mini documentary

I present The Clueless Competitor, a 7-minute video that has been causing quite a controversy on the bodybuilding forums.

Here is the post as presented on Musculardevelopment.com...

"Should there be minimum requirements to enter a bodybuilding contest or does anything go at the local level?

What if someone seems not to be in possession of all their faculties? Can just anyone get on stage at a bodybuilding contest?

Where do we draw the line?"

The Clueless Competitor on Vimeo

Anyone interested in reading some of the reactions from the BB community can do so here...

The Clueless Competitor - a mini documentary - Muscular Development Forums

Michael Pulcinella November 24th, 2008 09:59 AM

The Clueless Competitor - a mini documentary

I present The Clueless Competitor, a 7-minute video that has been causing quite a controversy on the bodybuilding forums.

Here is the post as presented on Musculardevelopment.com...

"Should there be minimum requirements to enter a bodybuilding contest or does anything go at the local level?

What if someone seems not to be in possession of all their faculties? Can just anyone get on stage at a bodybuilding contest?

Where do we draw the line?"

The Clueless Competitor on Vimeo

Anyone interested in reading some of the reactions from the BB community can do so here...

The Clueless Competitor - a mini documentary - Muscular Development Forums

Mike Horrigan November 25th, 2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivo van Aart (Post 967563)
I guess I'm not that familiar with the old tv-shows. But thanks for explaining and good luck with future projects!

No problem. It should also appeal to those who are not familiar with the show.

Thanks for commenting.

Cheers,

Mike

Andris Krastins November 25th, 2008 02:56 PM

Great! I loved it! I can not even critique, the film grabbed me. Thanks! :)

edit: With one exception, the first time the phone rings, it can't be heard in the film. The scene where the janitor is cleaning up the floor, then curses and races to the phone. Just before he curses, I can't hear anything, so there was sort of no reason for him to curse and throw down the broom.

Mark Dawson November 25th, 2008 03:17 PM

Paradise Lost

Hi everyone my new short

Paradise Lost - Inspired by Milton's 'Paradise Lost' some of the images include drawings by Gustave Doré. This short film explores some of these themes with reference to the modern world. Shot in London featuring Stanislas Torikian.

Music 1492 'Light and Shadow' by Vangelis

Can be found at

Londonmark Films
Paradise Lost on Vimeo

Best wishes
Mark Dawson

Mike Horrigan November 25th, 2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andris Krastins (Post 968922)
Great! I loved it! I can not even critique, the film grabbed me. Thanks! :)

edit: With one exception, the first time the phone rings, it can't be heard in the film. The scene where the janitor is cleaning up the floor, then curses and races to the phone. Just before he curses, I can't hear anything, so there was sort of no reason for him to curse and throw down the broom.

Yah, the phone is ringing on and off during that sequence. It rings again right before he gets pissed off. :)
It's low, but it's there.

Thanks for watching and commenting! Glad you enjoyed it.

Mike

Nima Taheri November 28th, 2008 07:04 AM

two rap videos

Hello!

here are two rap videos shot in the JVC HD101:

1. Shot in Tampa, Florida:

YouTube - Mr. Smith - "Fresh White T" (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

2. Shot in Norway:

YouTube - Jesse Jones, Ken Ring & Saigon - "Drabant" (OFFICIAL)

- Nima

Paul Eduard Schneider November 29th, 2008 04:20 AM

HVX200 on Bluescreen & 3D CGI clip

http://www.digitalcribs.net/DisplayV...x?id=942875439

This was shot in 4 hours, edited, modeled, motion-tracked & composited in 3 days.
Music was composed, arranged and recorded in 48h.

We have heard very late about the contest and made the last entry, few hours before closing time.

thanks for any critique ...

Edi

Marcel D. Van Someren November 29th, 2008 09:19 AM

Clicking on the link I get a 404 - File not found error

Paul Eduard Schneider November 29th, 2008 12:46 PM

oops, here it is !

Digital Cribs

Jimmy McKenzie November 29th, 2008 02:01 PM

First ever music video

Hi crew ... here my first music video example ... it's the fourth one down on the list entitled "Darker, Longer" by Calliope's Radio.

http://surveys.therecord.com/TakeSur...rveyID=l4KIlom

Your comments are much appreciated. A nice bunch of kids with their first ever effort to showcase a selected original song with moving images.

Jimmy.

Ken Willinger November 30th, 2008 06:32 AM

Music vid for Coldplay contest

Got hired to DP a music video for a contest being held by Coldplay for their song Lost?. I used my Red One camera recording in 2K (the director wanted to do a lot of slo-mo 120FPS, can only do that in 2K). We shot it all over last weekend in the Boston area...mostly outside with temps in the 20's! Small crew...DP, Director/Producer, Gaffer, 2 grips, PA. Edited in 2 days (not by me...I wasn't involved in post at all). The director posted it on youtube yesterday. Click the option under the vid "watch in high quality". It looks much better than the low res. We were not able to record every shot he wanted in the script in the time we had. I plotted out 67 individual shots for the video from his script. There was no way we could do them all in the time (and budget) we had. So he had to sew it together with what we were able to get. see it here:
Lost? - OurFilmSpace.com

Kevin Sawicki November 30th, 2008 03:33 PM

First Full Shoot with Canon XH-A1: Hunting Season

It took two days to shoot and edit this.
I think the results came out ohkay.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Feel free to ask questions!

Plot:
A Rabbit gets Revenge.

Hunting Season on Vimeo

Thanks,
Kevin