Seminar on November 2. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old November 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #31
New Boot

Jason, yup, its an internal card with b/o box............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rodriguez
Hi John,

Is this a PCI card? Do you have a link?

Just a quick note though, if it is a PCI card, there's no more space in the case for it . . . we already have a GPU in there hooked up to the x16 PCIe slot on the motherboard.
But their are a number of 'prosumer' systems out their that should not be looked down at. Many use the same adc's as the big name apogee and lynx.

My thought (ow, my head) is to maybe call cakewalk as a manufacturers rep and ask to talk to some of their tek/mkt people. They are a VERY agressive company that may not require high volume to start just to help you.

sonar and cakewalk before it could timecode sync and display video while you are composing/editing on their timeline for wave or midi. so they have at least encountered some of the issues you and cineform will be facing.

don't reinvent the wheel, I say, and learn from others mistakes, like mine!

by the way, jason, always appreciate your posts, thanks
Jon Whiteford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #32
Trustee

Thanks for the info . . . but aren't Cakewalk and Sonar software tools (using external USB boxes)?

The issue on our end is not software-we can do that easily enough, and that's just matter of time for implementation . . . the main issue I believe is the hardware interface end. I think the current opinion is that attaching the USB audio devices are too kludgy, but that creates an issue in that there's no mechanical room for extra PCI cards or audio devices inside the camera besides what comes with the motherboard (Intel HD audio).
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #33
New Boot

yes, but they have been in the field for a long time...

Quote:
Thanks for the info . . . but aren't Cakewalk and Sonar software tools (using external USB boxes)?

The issue on our end is not software-we can do that easily enough, and that's just matter of time for implementation . . . the main issue I believe is the hardware interface end. I think the current opinion is that attaching the USB audio devices are too kludgy, but that creates an issue in that there's no mechanical room for extra PCI cards or audio devices inside the camera besides what comes with the motherboard (Intel HD audio).
and have had to interface to most all the boxes out there. would'nt it be good to have an idea of which boxes are flaky and not following or implementing the usb standerd properly (there are some!). which boxes give them the most trouble in tek support.

ps. don't knock mb audio support until you have tried it, and you know for a fact it is too noisy or has other problems. please don't dismiss it cause somebody says that is the way it used to be.....mb sound has been getting much better, too, in the last 2-3 years.
Jon Whiteford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #34
Trustee

BTW, we're already doing the on-board mb audio with XLR inputs
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #35
Inner Circle

Quote:
BTW, we're already doing the on-board mb audio with XLR inputs
thats what I thought. Should be fine for most voice/field work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K