Sony FDR-AX100 - Page 37 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old March 17th, 2014, 08:23 AM   #541
Major Player

Re: Sony FDR-AX100

Ah man ! My new update from B&H says 3-28-14
Old March 17th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #542
Major Player

I think it might be shipping today now. B&H charged my card and my order says processing. If it ships I'll get it Wed.
Old March 17th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #543
Trustee

Sounds great Joey. I miscalculated on this go-around. I've generally found that the Sony stores get it on or around the 'release date'. Didn't happen this time.

Additionally, I'm still getting from Amazon the notice "we need more time to give you an accurate ETA", so I think this puppy is in short supply.

I'm still hoping the Sony stores will get it in over the next few days.
Ken Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #544
Major Player

Well my order as of right now still says processing.
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #545
Trustee

I hope you get it Joey! I called B&H and they told me it would be the last week of this month, but I had no preorder with them.
Old March 17th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #546
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Stephan View Post
there are a lot of AX 100 files from "misodo" on Youtube in the last day...
the person shot and load up faster, as I can download ....*g*

translated:
It is to those exported by editing length of 5 times to (24p) in Movie Studio Platinum attached what 4K camera of Sony, was shot in 120p FDR-AX100.

Select the image quality and image size from the Menu first, the method of 120p high-speed shooting, and then changed to "XAVC S HD" the recording method. Then it is OK to select the shooting mode from the Menu, by selecting a high-speed recording.
*cough* if this is the translation by Google, then it still sucks at it. Human translation is like this:
I have edited and published something using stuff taken by Sony's 4K camera FDR-AX100 at 120p and its attached Movie Studio Platinum at a 5 times of length (24p).
The way of doing 120p high speed shooting is that firstly select Picture Quality/Size in the Menu and switch the Recording Method to 'XAVC S HD'. And then choose 'Shooting Mode' from Menu and change it to 'High Speed Recording', then it's OK to go.

... Ultimately this Japanese guy didn't know that Youtube's compression has ruined it. lol
Meng Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 11:45 PM   #547
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
I hope you get it Joey! I called B&H and they told me it would be the last week of this month, but I had no preorder with them.
Thanks Ken
They charged my card but my order still says pending. I had to change my credit card a few days ago so I'm wondering if it has to do with the first charge on a new card that was reported lost. I lost my wallet about a 10 days ago. I hope I can figure it out tomorrow because I don't want to lose any more days.
Old March 18th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #548
Major Player

I called and B&H said they said they run a charge after I changed the card but it will fall off today. So no shipment and no new ETA LOL.
Old March 18th, 2014, 08:23 AM   #549
Trustee

I'm guessing 1-2 weeks Joey.
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #550
HDV Cinema

Mine arrived in Las Vegas at 9:37PM tonight.

Supposed to be at my house before before 8PM.

I already have one of my world-famous :) Sony Camcorder eBooks well underway. Can't say the Japanese writer doesn't have a sense of humor. Almost all button press sequences end with -- and I'm not kidding -- the word "hope."
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:17 AM   #551
Regular Crew

a lot of new samples are here:FDR-AX100Channel-4k - YouTube
(FDR-AX100)4K Sample - Display touch focus test
(FDR-AX100)4K Sample - Effect:High Contrast Monochrome
SONY FDR-AX100 4K Camcorder. Auto Focus test(AF)
(FDR-AX100)4K Sample - Scene selection:Sunset

and so on .....
Hans Stephan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 08:26 AM   #552
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
Mine arrived in Las Vegas at 9:37PM tonight.

Supposed to be at my house before before 8PM.

I already have one of my world-famous :) Sony Camcorder eBooks well underway. Can't say the Japanese writer doesn't have a sense of humor. Almost all button press sequences end with -- and I'm not kidding -- the word "hope."
Steve, any chance of you posting a downloadable, native clip on Vimeo for testing in a couple of editing programs? Mine is still on order from Amazon, but it looks like it's being delayed.

One thing I've noticed in several clips on YouTube, is the tendency of some owners to overexpose somewhat. I think this can be a somewhat common thing with many Sony camcorders if you shoot at default or 'Auto'. The shooter who did the cat video indicated that he mistakenly interpreted what he was seeing on the LCD screen. One of the first things I do with any camera, is check the accuracy of the LCD and/or VF with the actual results of the video. Otherwise you are destined to over or underexpose. It also seems some are not using the zebras either to check exposure.

Perhaps too much camera for some?
Old March 20th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #553
Major Player

Quote:
Steve, any chance of you posting a downloadable, native clip on Vimeo
I didn't know that Vimeo hosts native files. Interesting.

If not then Dropbox, Google Drive or a dozen other free cloud based storage options.

Please and thank you! :-)
Troy Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #554
Major Player

Hello, is there a Firefox extension to download videos with maximum definition or at least in full HD? So that I can see some video on my TV. Thanks

Last edited by Adriano Moroni; March 21st, 2014 at 07:58 AM.
Adriano Moroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #555
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

One thing I've noticed in several clips on YouTube, is the tendency of some owners to overexpose somewhat. I think this can be a somewhat common thing with many Sony camcorders if you shoot at default or 'Auto'.
Hi Ken,

Camera just arrived and will unpack tonight as I had to deal with a dead furnace today.

It has an AE bias control which should solve the tendency for Sony camcorders to overexpose -- which I hate too. It also has an an adjustable Zebra, but no histogram.

Will likely open a second Utube account for AX100 -- where everything will be UHD. Will post stuff this weekend.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds