Need help ASAP re 4K $300 rebate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old September 22nd, 2015, 06:15 PM   #1
Trustee

Need help ASAP re 4K $300 rebate

I am attempting to fill out the $300 rebate form from Sony for the 4K upgrade purchase. It is asking me for the "serial nuber" of the upgrade, a 5-7 digit number preceded by a "S01". My box and papers for the 4K upgrade, as well as the install emails and files from Sony list no serial number, and no number period beginning with S01. My X70 doesn't even have a serialo number beginning with S01!

Anyone have a clue aboutr this? I have one week to postmark this, and I am afraid if I inquire with Sony, they will respond AFTER the mail in date has expired. :(

Paul

NVM, I saw it want the X70 s/n, the rebate fiorm is a hot mess.
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Need help ASAP re 4K $300 rebate

I don't remember the details now, as I did this back in July, but the box you bought contains a serial number, which you must confirm with Sony to get an Install Key. Originally you had to go to a web site and register an account with them to get the Install Key, but on a Mac the web site did not work and we had to either call or email them to get it.

Of course, the fact that I sent in my rebate info around July 10 and have not heard a peep since then is another matter.

Here's a thread from July about it, but read it all the way through as the initial info there may not be complete:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-pxw...e-install.html

If memory serves there may have been a full set of instructions for this at the FaceBook page as well so you might search there.

Good Luck
David Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 07:23 AM   #3
Major Player

Speaking of rebates, anybody know if there are any current rebates for us 'later' X70 purchasers who bought our cameras 'after' the rebate dates?

Thanks,
Old September 23rd, 2015, 07:31 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I think the assumption is that those of us who bought later got the camera at the lower price (after the $200 price drop). The rebate is for the pain (problems) the early adopters had.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds