X70 - update? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old November 10th, 2016, 09:03 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: X70 - update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anderegg View Post
You can set a custom button for push to white function. The regular WB button toggles between preset and auto AB. When on preset, highlighting allows you to scroll through PRE/A/B the same way you scroll through gain iris or shutter. Dont forget to highlight off of WB or you might try to adjust exposure and the colors change!

Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dixon View Post
Now I don't understand. I was also referring to setting the White Balance manually. The menu diving you're talking about can be set to one of the custom buttons.

If I've misunderstood, sorry.
I shoot manual but I don't dive much into the settings. I'm terrible at the camera tweaking and have it mostly stock. Just set the Last Scene Review (right below WB) to the WB Set.

Don't you guys hate the button not doing what it says it's to do? Do you black it out or rewrite it, or just leave it as is and just know what it is now? Uggh that bugs me.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2016, 04:05 PM   #17
Trustee

I use my cameras in the dark, and it is nearly impossible (even with the LCD lighting up the side panel) to be assured of hitting the right little button in the dark, I always end up hitting something I didn't mean to,

Even worse for me is that when live streaming is active, or network function for that matter, ALL the side buttons and custom buttons CEASE TO FUNCTION. It is totally irritating to loose things like Steadyshot on/off and white balancing when streaming. Same issue on the Z150.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 08:43 AM   #18
Major Player

I use a tiny piece of super strong sticky velcro tape applied to two of my often used buttons. Easy to locate without looking.
Dan Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 12:21 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anderegg View Post
I use my cameras in the dark, and it is nearly impossible (even with the LCD lighting up the side panel) to be assured of hitting the right little button in the dark, I always end up hitting something I didn't mean to,

Even worse for me is that when live streaming is active, or network function for that matter, ALL the side buttons and custom buttons CEASE TO FUNCTION. It is totally irritating to loose things like Steadyshot on/off and white balancing when streaming. Same issue on the Z150.

Paul
The location of the power button is perplexing to me, especially with it being the same (small) size as other buttons (WB, Display, PP etc)
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:12 AM   #20
Regular Crew

For me is not problem X70 but missing use XAVC-L with no-recompress (smart rendering) output video from some NLE software like VEGAS
Zenes Petrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:15 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Pallenberg View Post
Paul - yes new sensor and free 4K would be awesome... ADVANCE!
Paul mean XDCAM CBKZ-SLMP - MPEG HD upgrade
Zenes Petrusin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds