Toshiba 128 cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old December 2nd, 2016, 02:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Toshiba 128 cards

I've just bought two 128GB cards, a Transcend one and a Toshiba one, both UHS3. I've used 64GB Transcend cards for the past 2 years and find them very reliable. I tried both in my X70 at 4k 100Mbs and they seem to work fine. The Toshiba card was much cheaper than the Transcend card ( approx $48 and $77, I live in Thailand where prices are different from the US!)
My question is- does anyone have experience with the Toshiba cards, Are they reliable? I don't want to start depending on them only to find they fail at some critical time.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 03:17 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Toshiba 128 cards

At some point, nearly every card will fail. I doubt there are any that offer 100% guarantees of data integrity. It's happened to me, and to nearly every shooter I've worked with. That being said, stick with name brands, and if you find a brand that has worked well for you in the past, keep with it.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2016, 01:07 AM   #3
Major Player

I've always used Sandisk, and have had a micro SD card become unrecognized by a GoPro, so that's one card out of 30 that failed on me.

For this reason I have maxed out at 128 gb, the potential data loss from using larger cards would be unacceptable.

The other obvious issue is fake cards which are everywhere and usually fail from the get go or soon afterwards.

Paul :-)
Old December 3rd, 2016, 07:36 AM   #4
Major Player

I changed to digital from film when it first started in our industry and have used many different brands and suppliers over the years. The ONLY brand and supplier I can rely on is Sandisk and B&H.

No failures, no counterfeits!
Dan Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 12:17 AM   #5
Regular Crew

thanks, I think Transcend are very reliable as I pointed out but has anyone experience of Toshiba cards?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds