transfer back to Prof.Disk - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 16th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #31
Trustee

Yeah, I can write files back with FCP. Though the lack of the disc mounting in the finder is a huge limitation when it comes to putting project files into the General folder.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #32
Trustee

what do you mean by putting files in the general folder? What is that and how do you do it? It sounds like something that could help me out. Any idea when the new software comes out?
Old December 16th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #33
Trustee

Each XDCAM disc has 500Mb reserved for any files you may wish to back up. The space for this is the General folder on the XDCAM disc. You can copy all your project files, graphics files etc associated with a project to this folder so that your original footage and projects can all be kept in a safe place when a project is completed.

But in order to take advantage of it the XDCAM disc must be visible in the Finder.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #34
Trustee

that's good to know. Cheers Simon.
Old December 16th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #35
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
it's just the disc isn't mounted in the finder and the disc name is all corrupt.
The corrupted disc name is a major problem for me. I go to the trouble of naming the discs and have XDCAM Transfer place the imported full res movies into a folder that takes on the name of the disc volume label.

In any case, I was originally told the Vista driver wouldn't be here until Q1'08, so let's hope a Leopard driver isn't far behind.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts