Professional bodies, societies etc? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Major Player

Professional bodies, societies etc?

I know I should probably post this in a more relevant forum but I particularly wanted to ask the XDCAM UK fraternity whether anyone is a member of any video/TV/film professional societies? There were a couple at the video forum show, who I spoke to briefly but wondered if they're worth joining or not? Any benefits to be had?

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Paul - We are members of "PACT" - Our producer is involved in various meetings in various countries and she gets help through this organisation, and so this is helpful to us. I understand there are various levels of membership depending on your business. Is it worth it to you? - depending on your business needs/requirements only you would be able to answer that.

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Stuart - I'll have a look into that...
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:56 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I'm a member of the GTC (Guild of Television Cameramen) and BECTU. BECTU because it's the cheapest way to get public liability Insurance. GTC have a good magazine with interesting articles. They also run free workshops on everything from basic lighting to film techniques. Doesn't cost much and is worth it if only for the magazine.
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:06 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Alister - I can't remember the organisation I spoke to at the show - wasn't GTC though although their mag had some very interesting articles in it.

I'll look them up - courses sound interesting - I've always intended to go on one of the NFTS courses but never got around to it - that and the fact I've normally learnt anything new better myself - like most people here I suspect!

BTW - have a great trip!
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Thanks, there is a nice big coronal hole that's just opened up on the sun so we should see some increased Auroral activity. It will be a good test for the slow shutter.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:48 AM   #7
Major Player

Cool - sounds good! Don't get fried by cosmic radiation though! ;)
Paul Gale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts