What scene file do you use? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:05 AM   #1
Major Player

What scene file do you use?

I thought it would be useful if XDCAM users here would post their use of scene files and when and in what situation they use them. I was thinking more about the Sony preset scene files.

i.e. What GENERALLY do you use for:
Interviews
GV's
Conference work
film style shorts
etc

I know that it could change from job to job but some insight into this area might be useful for the newer owners of the F330/335/350/355 etc like myself. If you also have a set of scene files that you have tweaked or created yourself (with an emphasis on paint settings), that would be useful to know too - and your reasons for creating them.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Paul,
I shoot sports news with an F350 and I use the basic "standard" setting with the detail rolled back to about 20%. I also add a bit of low contrast saturation(15%) to fill the shadow areas a bit. There is one other adjustment I make to replace colour in high-light areas(forget the name), and I set it to about 40.

I get a quite nice 'newsy' look this way

Peter
Peter Newsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:26 AM   #3
Major Player

Thnaks Peter. Is the colour replacement in highlight areas to lessen the 'yellowish' over saturated look you sometimes see or something else?
Paul Gale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts