PDW-700 XDCAM HD422 goes solid state - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 14th, 2008, 08:33 PM   #16
Trustee

I was told f700 only.
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #17
Regular Crew

according to the demo i saw, i believe it's going to be a 'sandwich' adapter that will go on the battery mount and be between the camera body and the battery. this would allow for the unislot to be used for a drop-in wireless rx. this makes the most sense (to me, anyway) as sony is selling (pushing?!) their version of the drop-in rx and to make a consumer choose one or the other isn't good marketing - you're competing against yourself!

BUT - greg has MUCH better contacts at sony than i do!!!

(great to see you in vegas, greg - thanks for all your valuable posts here!)
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T. Young View Post
according to the demo i saw, i believe it's going to be a 'sandwich' adapter that will go on the battery mount and be between the camera body and the battery. this would allow for the unislot to be used for a drop-in wireless rx. this makes the most sense (to me, anyway) as sony is selling (pushing?!) their version of the drop-in rx and to make a consumer choose one or the other isn't good marketing - you're competing against yourself!

BUT - greg has MUCH better contacts at sony than i do!!!

(great to see you in vegas, greg - thanks for all your valuable posts here!)
I agree that it seems counter productive to have the SXS adapter sit in the wireless receiver slot, but that's where the direct connection pins are located. Any sandwich device would necessitate external cabling.

There is a sandwich type device that will be available that outputs a transport stream from the HDSDI out of the camera. It was being shown on one of the F355 cameras in the carousel.

I'm glad we finally got to meet in person. Hope you had a great time!

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #19
Regular Crew

told you that greg had better contacts than i do!!!!
Old April 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #20
Inner Circle

The SxS adapter I saw was a sandwich device on the rear of the camera and was connected to the 700 via USB. There is a USB port on the handle of the 700. So it almost certainly will not work with the F350/F355 series cameras.

There is a picture here:

http://www.ingenioustv.com/forum/for...iew.asp?tid=70
Old April 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #21
Trustee

unless the next f350/f355 firmware upgrade includes a new usb 2 port accessible from within the menus. Fingers crossed ;-)
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:31 PM   #22
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
The SxS adapter I saw was a sandwich device on the rear of the camera and was connected to the 700 via USB. There is a USB port on the handle of the 700. So it almost certainly will not work with the F350/F355 series cameras.

There is a picture here:

http://www.ingenioustv.com/forum/for...iew.asp?tid=70
Quite right, I stand corrected. The NAB guide I have says the transport stream adapter will be connected via a 50 pin interface or can be used stand alone. That's a good thing because as Brian pointed out, it is counterproductive to tie up the wireless slot with another device.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #23
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston View Post
But when I get back home, I will look at the schematics to see what signal lines are going to/from the connector on the F350.
Nope, there are a couple of pins with video labels, but they are not connected. More specifically, it's NC (Video) and GND (Video). So, it looks like there won't be any ability to use the wireless receiver connection to run an SXS adapter.

But now that we know the 700 doesn't use the wireless mic slot anyway, it's sort of a moot issue.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts