MXF file problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old November 26th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

MXF file problem

I hired somebody to shoot on a F330 and at the conclusion of the shoot my laptop would not recognize his camera. My usb would see that there indeed was a sony camera in the usb, but it would not see the drive anywhere else. He said he would upload the files to his ftp and i could download them.

He uploaded them which included just the .mxf file and a .xml file. I was only able to download the .mxf file as it would not download the .xml file. It opened all of the files except the one I actually need. When I attempt to open it in Vegas 9, it says "an unexpected error occured" and "an error occured when opening one or more files." He emailed me the .xml file and I put it in the same folder as the .mxf file but it does not seem to do anything.

The file I need is about 2.6 gig and is far larger than the other files that work. For the files that worked it seemed to automatically add a .SFK file of the same file name. He tried uploading the files again but with the same results.

It seems odd that i would simply just need ONE .mxf file and not a whole folder of files. When I shoot on my ex1 there is a whole host of files that go along with each folder.

Please help!!
Dan Lukehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Major Player

are you downloading the file to an NTFS formatted drive?

you need to install the Sony XDCAM software (FAM driver) that came with his camera, then you can plug in his camera to your firewire port and copy/paste the .MXF file

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts