Lens info in Metadata at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old June 12th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #1
New Boot

Lens info in Metadata

Hi
Ref PDW 700
Does anyone out there know if data from the lens (specifically which lens is attached to the camera) is recorded in the metadata. I looked and could not find it, but I have been told that this info should be in the metadata.

Thanks in advance.
Chris Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Lens info in Metadata

When the lens shows up in your lensfile pages (or at power up) its name is recorded in each clip´s XML file (CLIP / C0001.XML) - simply open an XML file, you´ll find it at the very end of the entries.

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:53 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Uli,
I have found it now in the clip Browser software. Do you know if it is possible to switch this information off in the camera, so that if an SD lens is used it is not recorded in the metadata.
Thanks in advance.
Chris Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Chris,

no, I dont see any way to get rid of this metadata. I guess the only way would be a hardware modification of the lens (to avoid and "digital" communication lens->cam) , like some older lenses do not tell the cam their names anyway.

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts