alternative to 320 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 15th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #31
Major Player

Re: alternative to 320

Mine had to come with with to LA to "supervise " the purchase..
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #32
Major Player

I have been looking at large sensor cameras to shoot wildlife for quite some time now. I have been looking at the Canon C300 wondering if it makes sense to invest in a telephoto lens like the 70-200.

However my preferred choice of working would be to not swap lenses all the time, which seems to be what large sensor cameras are all about.

Just recently I have started thinking if the Sony F3 with the Sony servo lens might fit me better. Seems to have an acceptable range at both ends, useful for several tasks. I have come across a used Sony lens and now looking for a used Sony F3 to see if that could be economically viable.

I have a Sony FS100 which I am not sure what type of lenses to choose for it. I have the Metabones adapter and a Tokina 11-16 lens. Whatever lens I am looking at things quickly add up along with a rig with baseplate, follow focus, lenssupport and so on. Not sure if I want to drag several lenses with me. I have come across a battletested RED 18- 80 lens which might be a good alternative for allround use, but then I would have to buy a longer telephoto lens.

At the other end I think an EX3 or JVC HM750 could be a good choice for wildlife.

Last edited by Svein Rune Skilnand; December 30th, 2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Added txt
Svein Rune Skilnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #33
Major Player

A friend of mine has an EX3 with one of the prime Nikon zoom lenses (max. focal length 300mm) and he's very satisfied with the results.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts