XD 330 Field Monitor - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old October 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman
I had a look a the boland website and if you look throught the specs the 8.4" HD monitor appears to only have a resolution of 450TVL which is pretty much useless for HD.
Hhmmmmm... I think that spec for 450TVL was for SD???

I read
High Res/Very Fine Pitch 1024x768

might be a good choice for 1/2 the $$ unless I'm mistaken on the rez
Brian Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #17
DVi Contributor

there are at least 3 differant Marshal 7 inch HD monitors, HDSDI only, HD componite only and that combo unit that does several inputs. DON'T get the last one. Its like those all in one fax,scanner,copy machines. It does not do anything very well. We have several of each of the other two types and they work very well for the price range. For twice the money you can move up to the 9 ich panasonic, -waveform only- no vector. or for three times the money get the astro. or the leader.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2006, 05:00 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kaiser
Thanks! That's exactly what I did NOT know. So, i guess with the 330 I'll need to use the component cables. Bummer as this will be a lot more cable weight, etc.

These look pretty lightweight

http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp...&search=0&off=
Bill Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks guys, for all the messages. I think I'm gonna go with the Marshall as a first step, seeing as a number of people say it is alright. Mostly, I want to use it for framing, etc. And, I love the way the batteries mount right on the back - that is quite handy.

Max Kaiser
Director, Hand Crank Films
http://www.handcrankfilms.com
Max Kaiser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts