Online footage to look at (was:7 camera XDCAM HD Shoot on Wed) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 24th, 2006, 03:57 AM   #31
Major Player

Last Question: IŽd be interested what the total production budget of the video (not audio) segement was.
Hiring 7x 350 (or330) + operators + etc etc. is quite a big project already. Postproduction took quite a while,too , so IŽd really like to know what the budget was roughly.

Nate, can you give us an idea?

Thanks for all your very helpful and interesting threads!

Merry X-Mas to all!

ULi
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 09:04 AM   #32
Wrangler

Not quite $60k.

But what's important is that I was able to do post all at home, including Digibeta & HDCAM outputs.
Old December 24th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #33
Regular Crew

sorry...bumping my question...but

were the camera controls operated from video village...or did each camera operator control his iris, focus, etc? if the camera operator did it all...how much time would you guess did you spend on color correction...if you had any?
Jeremiah McLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 02:19 PM   #34
Wrangler

Sorry, forgot to answer.

As my background is film (as opposed to live switched video), operators were on their own with everything. I gave occasional notes over comm if I wanted an iris down or up.

I spent time on color correction, but none on making the cams match. My experience on multi-camera shoots with modern cameras is that if the settings are identical, then the cameras will match.
Old December 28th, 2006, 08:24 AM   #35
Major Player

60k - thats what I roughly estimated.

Great project - what a pity that it has been cut down so heavy on the final DVD...

Keep us on track of more f350 projects!

ULi
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #36
Major Player

Looking good Nate! Did you had to convince Warner to go XDCAM HD (instead of HDCAM or so) or not at all?
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts