Audio problem with clips stored in DR-60 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old October 18th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio problem with clips stored in DR-60

Quite a few, or maybe all, clips, recorded with a V1E and DR-60, Cache ON, seems to have an audio –“dropout” at the right end of the clip (M2T), the last 0.5 to 1.0 sec. In this space there is just no audio. To solve it, you have to shorten the clip at the right side

Why is this?

volki
Max Volki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 01:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Feedback

RE: EUR305670 & 310552

Hello Mr. ,
I have asked again in Japan and was told as follows:

The specification of the I. LINK source says that when audio and video is transmitted between the two streams, there will be a delay. Therefore some audio is missing at the end of the clip. This is, unfortunately, a limitation of the recording format and can not be remedied by a repair. "Japan" can unfortunately not change it. The files on the DR60 themselves have a complete sound-track, but most editing programs will not yet read it correctly.

At the time, only Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 and Avid Xpress Pro 5.6.7 is supporting this and read the audio files without losing data. We are waiting for a response from Japan, if they know, if other producers will resolve such mistakes in their programs in the future.

I have in my previous email, unfortunately, not expressed this so clearly.**The DR60 takes on the file correctly**. But most editing programs will cut it off and not import it properly. That’s what I meant "with the way the audio block".

I've also tried it with Sony Vegas. There exists the same problem. I hope this makes now a bit more sense. Unfortunately, the fault lies not in the DR60 and therefore we can not fix it.

Yours sincerely, Nina E……….Sony PrimeSupport Engineer B2B service and support
SONY Europe

Nina, you tried it with Sony Vegas, I tried it with Avid Liquid 7.2, and Edius-5, changing the HDV-file to Canopus HQ Codec makes no difference. I had a report from a user with a Firestore recording Unit. He has the same problem with his HDV-Files from this unit. So it seem to be a problem of editing software, not handling the import correctly

Max Volkart, Zürich, Switzerland (translation by me)
Attached Thumbnails
Audio problem with clips stored in DR-60-dr-60-audio-problem.jpg  
Max Volki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders