Transcend 32g 133X CF card dead on MRC1K at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Transcend 32g 133X CF card dead on MRC1K

Hi

I have bought and use the Transcend 32g 133X on my MRC1K. It was working initially, but after shooting for a while, it gave me an error A:1991 which according to manual, it is indicating that the card is not recognisable. I have then tested it on my Mac and it could not recognise the card either.

I took the faulty card to the dealer, got an exchanged card and use it on the unit to shoot, but it went dead again after a short while, the same error. I don't get this problem with my 16g Sandisk 266X CF.

Curiously, from this forum, seems like most of you have no problem with the Transcend card. Can anyone advise whether it is compatibility issue (ie, I can't use 133X card though it is stated as the minimum speed to work on the device), or probably problem with my MRC1K or possibly the batch of Transcend card I got mine is of inferior quality? Does anyone else has similar problem out there? Thanks.

Rgds

Vincent
Vincent Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Vincent, I thought I had seen a thread on here recently where someone got 2 Transcend 133x cards and one worked but the other didn't. He got the bad one replaced, if I remember correctly. I have 2 - Transcend 16G 300x cards that are working OK as long as I don't screw them up by formatting them in my computer. I should have read the manual.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Laves View Post
Vincent, I thought I had seen a thread on here recently where someone got 2 Transcend 133x cards and one worked but the other didn't. He got the bad one replaced, if I remember correctly. I have 2 - Transcend 16G 300x cards that are working OK as long as I don't screw them up by formatting them in my computer. I should have read the manual.
Hi Greg

Thanks, sorry, I didn't see that thread you have mentioned. Or are you refering to my other query in the "CF card issue" thread? I have decided to start a separate thread hoping some expert can give me advise on my situation.

For my case, both have just died and I didn't format either of them at all. I really wonder what is wrong.

For your Transcend cards, you mention you don't format them in your computer, do you format them on MRC1K? If not, do you manually delete all the old footages then? Sorry, which manual are you refering to?

Rgds

Vincent
Vincent Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Ng View Post
Hi Greg

For your Transcend cards, you mention you don't format them in your computer, do you format them on MRC1K? If not, do you manually delete all the old footages then? Sorry, which manual are you refering to?

Rgds

Vincent
The manual for the MRC1 is available only online from what I have found out. I must confess that I still haven't read the manual for the MRC1 but I have been told that it says that you must format the cards only in the MRC1. Plus I read one post that I think is probably good advice and they adivised to not format the cards if they are working fine. Just delete the files and go from there.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders