Batch renaming of m2t files from CF? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old April 11th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Batch renaming of m2t files from CF?

Is there a way I can rename m2t files captured from a CF card, either before or after import to Edius? If I have one or more cards with the same start to file name (e.g. 00_) I am unable to sort the in the bin correctly, even by choosing date/time recorded. Obviously they can be renamed manually but I am looking for a faster method. Remembering to set the file name start on the Sony CF unit would have been a bonus :)
Hedley Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 03:14 AM   #2
Tourist

I use this on a PC - very versatile. It will change the file extension and will give you so many other options for appending and renumbering the file name, etc;

Better File Rename for Windows: The Batch File Renamer

Cheers

John
John Purser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Purser View Post
I use this on a PC - very versatile. It will change the file extension and will give you so many other options for appending and renumbering the file name, etc;

Better File Rename for Windows: The Batch File Renamer

Cheers

John
Thank you John

Hedley
Hedley Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #4
Major Player

Any equivalent for Mac?
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders