Help with Sony Recording Unit Utility at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old May 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Major Player

Help with Sony Recording Unit Utility

The manual for the MRCk is not clear on how to join three 4gb m2t files into a single file.

I read in the forums and downloaded the Sony Recording unit Utility ver 1.1 but even though the utility identified the 3 files as being together, when I imported, they did not join.

I cant find any information on how to join these clips so any help or link would be appreciated.
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Major Player

http://www.sony.com.au/objects/Other...html/soft.html

Specifically the M2T File connection section.

SOME NLE's will automatically stitch for you - others don't but probably will in future patches.

Apple Final Cut Pro 6.02 and Edius 4.6 - DOES support stitching
Adobe Premiere CS3 - Needs stitching tool
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 - Needs stitching tool for Z7 unit (but support stitching from DR60 Hard disk

Hope this helps.

Last edited by John Knight; May 11th, 2009 at 04:24 PM.
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:39 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
http://www.sony.com.au/objects/Other...html/soft.html

Specifically the M2T File connection section.

SOME NLE's will automatically stitch for you - others don't but probably will in future patches.

Apple Final Cut Pro 6.02 and Edius 4.6 - DOES support stitching
Adobe Premiere CS3 - Needs stitching tool
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 - Needs stitching tool for Z7 unit (but support stitching from DR60 Hard disk

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I checked the link you gave and it is broken.

I was under the impression that the sony ru_util (sony recording unit utility) would automatically stitch together the files that were able.

But it doesnt do it for me.
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi, Steve
The first thing to check is your destination folder. The destination folder needs to be formatted in the NTFS file system. If you are on a PC and the drive is formatted FAT32, the sub-clips will not be stitched together.

This link provides instructions on using the Sony Recording Unit Utility (for both Windows based software and Final Cut Pro):
Digital HD Video Camera Recorder - Memory Recording Unit

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 8c and the import utility is built in, but I have also tested the stand alone Sony Recording Unit Utility. They have both worked perfectly for me. I recently finished shooting a two day conference with 17 1-hour presentations. All of the files stitched together flawlessly.

Good luck.
Tim Ducharme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ducharme View Post
Hi, Steve
The first thing to check is your destination folder. The destination folder needs to be formatted in the NTFS file system. If you are on a PC and the drive is formatted FAT32, the sub-clips will not be stitched together.

This link provides instructions on using the Sony Recording Unit Utility (for both Windows based software and Final Cut Pro):
Digital HD Video Camera Recorder - Memory Recording Unit

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 8c and the import utility is built in, but I have also tested the stand alone Sony Recording Unit Utility. They have both worked perfectly for me. I recently finished shooting a two day conference with 17 1-hour presentations. All of the files stitched together flawlessly.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information Tim. I am using Vista 64 so it is not fat 32. I ran the program set the destination to one of my HDD. The program recognized that there were 4 files to be stitched together but when it was finished there were 4 seperate files.

I tried it twice. I thought i might be doing something wrong.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Montoto View Post
Thanks for the reply. I checked the link you gave and it is broken.
Whoops.... fixed now
HVR-DR60 | Hard Disk Recording Unit

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders