MRC1K Shoe Adapter - Request at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old September 8th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Major Player

MRC1K Shoe Adapter - Request

Hello,

I have managed to bend my MRC1K shoe adapter for the Z1 Camera - Just had a quote from a company quoting UK£ 160 = 257.10400 US$ for this part!

WHAT THE ****

Really? I ask?

Anyways I'm guessing that alot of the MRC1K users will be using it on Z5 and Z7 and have no need for this extra part so I'm willing to pay a small mount if you have 1 going spare?

Many thanks,

David
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: MRC1K Shoe Adapter - Request

That does seem insane. Have you talked to Sony directly? I seem to recall the bracket was about $100 direct here in the US.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr...g-bracket.html
Old September 8th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Yeah I have mailed them and they advised go locally but I've gone back to Sony now (not had a reply)

Just though many users might not be using the Adapter
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Your thought process isn't wrong but someday we may need to sell the MRC independently of the cam, so selfishly may need to hold onto the adapter assy.... the more profiteering types may wish to take advantage of you but not me, no, never...

But check out the alternatives illustrated in the other thread. Not as pretty but functional and much, much cheaper.
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Your thought process isn't wrong but someday we may need to sell the MRC independently of the cam, so selfishly may need to hold onto the adapter assy.... the more profiteering types may wish to take advantage of you but not me, no, never...

But check out the alternatives illustrated in the other thread. Not as pretty but functional and much, much cheaper.

Thanks Adam - Still got mine so I might as well bend it back into shape rather than going through any more effort to find a replacement.

My camera was on the tripod and was blown over in the wind when I was getting some cards from the car, camera probably fell 2meters and the only thing was damaged was this adapter.

Even got the clip on YouTube but it hurts me to watch it!
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Inner Circle

It hurts me to even think about it....
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Major Player

Camera Fall - YouTube

If you are brave enough. Really impressed how the old girl has held up.
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Oof. Ouch.
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Inner Circle

OUCH!

Glad to see the gear survived more or less unscathed.

The shoe bracket for my HVR-DR60 didn't return from a rental and I didn't think much of it till I went to order a replacement from Sony. OUCH - Again.

I don't know if its the same bracket but it was about the same price. A lot for such a simple little thing. I ended up hacking something together that works for a lot less.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders