Recording time on a 16gb card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old June 1st, 2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Recording time on a 16gb card

I always thought that on a 16gb card the recording time was 72 mins but I'm sure that I got 76 mins recording HDV pal. Is this possible?
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Sure. They say 32GB is 144 minutes but I get 150 minutes on my Sandisks.

I think the figures are really approximate and they always quote the lowest figure to be safe. Just like the Sony 60 min tapes are really 63 min.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for reply Adam, fortunately with the extra 3 mins just managed to capture longest speeches I've recorded last weekend at 74 mins.
Old November 21st, 2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Do you know if there is a difference in CF cards of same spec but different price. I mean are there non-life-time cards like the cheeper version of the panasonic P2 cards
Wedding video Wedding videos
Sophie Bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Re: Recording time on a 16gb card

Ok so I worked it out that, well cheeper cards have a slower transfer speed and will probably fail in the end. Sandisk and Lexar seem the best.
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:46 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Re: Recording time on a 16gb card

All cards will fail in the end (that's why it's the end), question is how much video you got on them for what price.

I recent test on CF cards placed Lexar Pro 32 Gb on first place. Transcend and Lexar filled spots 1 through 5, highest Sandisk was 6th. Kingston came in on place 13, with a score of 96.5 % of number 1.

Looks like these are all pretty good.
Frans Meijer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders