Looking for SONY VCL-HG0373C Lens hood at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old July 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #1
Major Player

Looking for SONY VCL-HG0373C Lens hood

Just replaced my Century Optics .55 w/a lens adapter with the SONY VCL-HG0373C lens and wanted to find out about if there are ANY lens hoods available for this lens.

I've read that someone had adapted a Cavision hood someplace here but can't seem to get a clear answer on the process of adapting the lens hood to fit the lens.

Anyone have a solution for this - I find it odd SONY hasn't made a hood to fit this lens.
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Hood for sony wide angle

I've got the "y" version of this lens, but the cavision site says my hood is not for you.

However, if you can find the right hood, I had issues with it sliding off. I pretty much fixed the problem by !!carefully!! drilling a little notch in the front outside edge of the lens barrel. Doesn't have to be deep. I putthe screw thread into that notch and it seems to stay on much better.

Also hindsight being 20-20, I guess I could have put some self adhesive Velcro along a short area of one side. But it holds on much better since I did the minor drilling.
James Harring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #3
Tourist

Using the Cavision LH77 on the Sony VCL-HG0373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Etzel View Post
Anyone have a solution for this - I find it odd SONY hasn't made a hood to fit this lens.
I just posted my solution for this to the lens cap thread: http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=901264
Les Biffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Harring View Post
I guess I could have put some self adhesive Velcro along a short area of one side. But it holds on much better since I did the minor drilling.
That's exactly what I did - posted about it on here about 6 months ago - can't find the link right now as busy but it works well!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series