HDR SR11, what lenses/accessories/editing software should I get? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old July 9th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #1
Tourist

HDR SR11, what lenses/accessories/editing software should I get?

Just bought the cam. looks decent. I am not making movies. but want to do some home video, underwater stuff that is more impressive than your typical stuff. I am considering a wide angle, tele, and a fish eye... BTW what software should I get that can edit this stuff. I have a quad core (Q6600) with an 8500GT video card. . . I have read a lot about converting to true 1080P. can this be done with my cam? How should I edit it to make it look the best? thanks for the help.

Dustin
Dustin Poos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Tourist

Bump

No takers???
Dustin Poos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Dustin -

You might want to post in the AVCHD forum... more activity over there where the SR11 is concerned <wink>. It's grown somewhat quiet here in the "HDV" section... The SR11 is a pretty solid little camera, and I think has been a HUGE win for the AVCHD format, judging from the sales activity I've seen on eBay and elsewhere.

As far as lenses, I've not found it possible to stabilize any HD camera well enough to make a tele (much beyond built in zoom) all that usable... Sony had a HG (high grade) 1.7 that was pretty nice back when the HC1 came out, not sure if they have any in current production.

There's another thread below on the relative merits of several WA lenses I've used with ALL my 37mm threaded HD cams, including the SR11.

Underwater to what depth? The Sony SPK series is good to around 15 ft. Any other shell that uses the Sony "D" plug interface to the LANC should work with the SR11 if you need more serious depth.

Other accessories? A couple FH70 batteries... a 4 or 8GB MS Duo for video and/or stills... Polarizer/UV/ND filters... a monopod and/or homebuilt mini FigRig for stabilizing/moving shots... Lighting... mics... aw shucks, I've got way too much accesorizatin' goin' on!

As far as post/edit, Vegas 8 Pro has been working for me, on a dual core 6000+ and a pretty midrange (probably low end by now!) video card. You should be able to make your system work once you get any workflow kinks out (HDV was the same way, took some time to optimize).

When you say "1080p", not sure what you're after... FWIW, I rendered a recent play I shot in both SD 480x720x24p and then in HD 1080x1920x24p - both looked simply stunning, and only someone who knew exactly what to look for would probably have been able to see the differences - I saw that the 1080 looked sharper, but most people would probably not notice... The SR11 was extrememly clean and crisp, I feel it beats the results I got from HDV cams for sharpness, lattitude, and low noise.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series