Ikelite Underwater Housing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old November 7th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #1
New Boot

Ikelite Underwater Housing

603901 Ikelite Underwater Video Housing for Sony HDR HC-1 (HDV 1080i) Digital Video & HDR-A1-E ( HDV 1080i) Without the top microphone block and camera lens shade

Has anyone used this or seen it used? I was thinking about picking one up for future underwater shoots and wanted someone's opinion.
Sheldon Steere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

goto the forums at wetpixel.com and there are guys there that use that setup...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:34 AM   #3
New Boot

Sheldon,

I have been using the Ikelite housing for a few years with my A1U. Overall, it has been a good, inexpensive, functional option for taking the camera underwater. The only problems I have experienced are with some of the buttons depressing by themselves under pressure at depth (+100 ft). Also, I had no luck finding WA lens options that didn't have very soft edges.

I spend more time now with my L&M Bluefin housed Z1U but it's still much nicer going through airports with the Ikelite and A1U!

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.

Alan
Alan Gibbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #4
Major Player

I just bought the Sony spk-hcd underwater housing for my HC3. I haven't used it yet underwater, but it fits great and was about $150. Very simple device, not as sophisticated as the one you are looking at.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Steere View Post
603901 Ikelite Underwater Video Housing for Sony HDR HC-1 (HDV 1080i) Digital Video & HDR-A1-E ( HDV 1080i) Without the top microphone block and camera lens shade

Has anyone used this or seen it used? I was thinking about picking one up for future underwater shoots and wanted someone's opinion.
I have the exact housing with lighting system and we havnt had any problems with it at all.
Footage is good too.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series